A>r>b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A>r>b

im sick snapping the fekrs. so im gona make up some lowering plates like i think it was erm.,,, the big V8 badboy. bush?? Anyway. other than that how much shit would i be in if i just removed the rear arb for a wee while?

You'll tip over.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      You'll tip over.
      but only if you have your spare on the roof
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Ignore them.
        You'll be fine.

Just dont go round any corners.

Comment

yeh i kinda thot i would get my knee down. the O/S/R has been off for ages and its a tad diffrent to drive but hey its not a porsche.

Comment

we may be being a bit mean.

Take iot off, it'll improve articualtion off road, you will get more roll round corners on road but I barely noticed it when mine came off.
            Front one will make a lot more of an appreciable difference so maybe leave that one.

do a search to read lots of threads about it.

It is a declarable mod to your insurers though.

Comment

i will put it bak on at sum point prob. and ive got ages til mot. oh and while im on.. where can i get a better back box for exhaust. the original sitd down like a dog peeing. and gets stick now n then. or should i just modify that one. ??

Comment

You would be stupid to use a vehicle without anti-sway bars on a public road.
                This is how the courts would see it in the unlikely event you`ll be involved in an accident with persons injured or killed:
                "You have sacrificed a safety feature for an off-roading mod."
                "The injuries and deaths have been a direct result of this off-road modification".
                Following the example the courts have made of Nigel Greshem, there is no ways I would risk removing my ARB`s. I have had them off for 6 months before and done fully laden camping trips etc. It didn`t feel safe on bends and I had to brake alot and re-accelerate.
                When lightly loaded the surf`s handle OK without the bars.
                B.T.W. the mod. to disconnect your sway bars is a cheap mod. (see 4crawler) and do away with all the RISK!
                chris
                Powered by Toyota!

Comment

About the exhaust- CUSTOM ALL THE WAY! cheapest and most long-lasting (f you like home-made!
                  Attached Files
                  Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight View Post
                    You would be stupid to use a vehicle without anti-sway bars on a public road.
                    This is how the courts would see it in the unlikely event you`ll be involved in an accident with persons injured or killed:
                    "You have sacrificed a safety feature for an off-roading mod."
                    its not a safety mod, its a comfort mod simple as .....
                    "The injuries and deaths have been a direct result of this off-road modification".

they were because he was driving like a pri5k...simple as..no amount of arb's would have stopped him rolling down a bank...read the transcript.
                    Following the example the courts have made of Nigel Greshem, there is no ways I would risk removing my ARB`s. I have had them off for 6 months before and done fully laden camping trips etc. It didn`t feel safe on bends and I had to brake alot and re-accelerate. if you have had to brake round a corner you were going to fast into it,these vehicles weigh two tons.......drive them accordingly.

i have had them off for two years, but i have land cruiser springs on, there diameter is approx twice as much as a standard surf spring.the back end is stiffer than when i had standard springs and an arb
                    When lightly loaded the surf`s handle OK without the bars.
                    B.T.W. the mod. to disconnect your sway bars is a cheap mod. (see 4crawler) and do away with all the RISK!
                    chris
                    you could do the above, you could fit disconect's for offroading or you could uprate your springs,a blanket "its unsafe" is a rather unquantifiable statement. plenty on here have no arb's...and no one has died.
                    the land rover driver was driving like a total knob....he was an accident waiting to happen.

btw like the exhaust..
                    Last edited by gwh200; 23 January 2009, 22:32.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight View Post
                      Following the example the courts have made of Nigel Greshem,
                      It was a botched repair which failed that caused his crash. I have no sympathy for him. I actually think he got off lightly.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      you could do the above, you could fit disconect's for offroading or you could uprate your springs,a blanket "its unsafe" is a rather unquantifiable statement. plenty on here have no arb's...and no one has died.
                      the land rover driver was driving like a total knob....he was an accident waiting to happen.
                      As GWH said, ARBs are essentially a comfort thing. What about vehicles that never had them? Are they all suddenly death traps?
                      Last edited by Albannach; 23 January 2009, 22:46. Reason: Sorted my quotes, sorry Gra!
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

yeh i do agree. that dude was driving outwith the limits of him and his vehicle. most people who drive these size of vehicles know they aint impreza etc.. and hey my drivers side saddle hase been snapped for 3weeks now and ive got upgraded springs anyway. with 9000 shocks etc. so i think arb is getting removed.for now. just need to get front end all tracked up. i used our tracking gauges but no camber . so it dont pull anymore but understeers like a bitch. .. thanx for all your help guys. think in the short time ive been here ive been helped and educated. time to pay up. who gets the subs?? and how much??

Comment

Removed my rear ARB and it's just the same as before, no problem, went though the mot without it, thats with LC springs tho, removeing the fronts might be a tad more bum clenching on the bends
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

As mentioned above, the Gresham thing was partly down to his driving, mostly down to the failure of 'a component' on the rear axle. Basically, he snapped something as he swerved and his rear wheel came adrift.

Back to ARBs. I am in the don't remove them camp and still maintain that there is a safety aspect to them. However, I also agree with the side that says tyre pressures, general maintenance, loading, driving style etc are all more important factors. As said, regardless of what we think, a court would take a dim view of it in the event of an accident.

Comment

i was considering removing mine but i decided against it. yes we go off road but we also spend alot of time on the road. also they must have been fitted for a reason, the japanese dont fit stuff for no reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X