No announcement yet.

Looking for Gen 3 Manual (Handbook)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken, I'll see what I can find out regarding the Macs and their file perms quirks. It would appear to be retaining/setting the permissions in a draconian manner. Hope you don't mind me using you as a guinea pig on this, btw? It's the first time I've been able to get any usable info on this Mac problem.

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
    Mattf
    It worked fine for me running xp and browser explorer
    Mark
    Cheers. It appears to be Mac specific. I've heard several references in the past to the files being problematical on Mac's, but this is the first time I've been able to get any specific info on the problem. Hence me pouncing on the thread. I believe all M$ versions, (and I hate to admit it), should behave fine.

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
    whats going on here these days....wodders being told by matt to get into the pages on men, matt being told he's the best both ways and wodders open appreciation of vince's 'james bond' looks!!!! can you say Y.M.C.A???

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      I believe all M$ versions, (and I hate to admit it), should behave fine.
      That would be because they don't have all that advanced security based stuff like file permissions to go wrong?? (from a sometimes-frustrated Ubuntu user who this time had no problems with the link given)
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
        That would be because they don't have all that advanced security based stuff like file permissions to go wrong??
        Yeah, there is that too.

Comment

Matt, glad to Mac-test for you

Matt, I don't mind you "using me as a guinea pig," but based on logey79's comment above, I wouldn't him to get our relationship further confused.

You're right. It's probably some kind of weird Mac thing that's inheriting something from a PC PDF, but I've never seen that before. Are you using Adobe to create your PDFs? If so, perhaps if you opened the file and did a SAVE AS specifically setting no security options, that might work. If not, perhaps someone could do that for you? A clean save as with all permissions/security off should do it.

I'll be glad to download and try again whatever you try (and logey 79, I'm talking about trying PDFs only)!

And thanks again, much appreciated.

Best,
          Ken

Comment

Working...
          X