Anyone keep koi carp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone keep koi carp

I may have to get rid of my pond in the next few months when the weather is warmer so i will be looking to sell all my koi.If anyone is going to be interested let me know and i'll sort out prices for them.I know transporting them may be a pain tho but if anyone knows anyone that may be interested even local to here then feel free to pass on my email details or contact number.Once the weather is warmer and i start to sell then i will pay a seeling fee to the forum.
    I'm only mentioning it now so i can try to find buyers for them for the spring.I will get some pics of them if anyone wants to see them.
    The prices will range from about £30 for the smaller ones upto about £300 for the really big ones
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Isn't there a geezer called Koi on here somewhere ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

no koi carp i'm afriad, but i think my dad has got a rather shy goldfish

Martin
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

If i could keep them i would but we are thinking of selling up and buying somewhere smaller but with a big garden aswell and we were advised the house would sell better without the pond.I have also a big clover leaf filter system which is suitable for a pond upto 2500 gals and a very good pump and uv aswell.The pump uv and filter cost me £800 alone so i'll be open to suitable offers on that once the fish have been sold.
        I'm hoping a local aquarium may be able to take them in alook after them for me till we move and i was able to make another pond

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post

If i could keep them i would but we are thinking of selling up and buying somewhere smaller but with a big garden aswell and we were advised the house would sell better without the pond.I have also a big clover leaf filter system which is suitable for a pond upto 2500 gals and a very good pump and uv aswell.The pump uv and filter cost me £800 alone so i'll be open to suitable offers on that once the fish have been sold.
          I'm hoping a local aquarium may be able to take them in alook after them for me till we move and i was able to make another pond
          ya comeing up yorkshire
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Rich, a friend of mine bought a big portable quarantine tank, probably about 8-10ft diameter by 4-5ft Deep and had his koi in it for about 6 months when he moved, think he may have lost 1 fish of the 15 or so very large carp he had in it. Can try and find some more information if you like?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

spookily enough i do keep koi.
              My current 1800 gallon pond is to small now. Will be building a 10,000 to 11,000 gallon pond once the weather picks up, so at the moment not in a position to take on any more fish.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

My neighbour sold off his fish last year. He made a fair few grand by all accounts. Some of his fish were 2ft+ long. He has an indoor pond about 20ft x 10ft x about 8ft deep!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                  Rich, a friend of mine bought a big portable quarantine tank, probably about 8-10ft diameter by 4-5ft Deep and had his koi in it for about 6 months when he moved, think he may have lost 1 fish of the 15 or so very large carp he had in it. Can try and find some more information if you like?
                  that would be ideal Ian thanks

Comment

I never knew you kept koi Rich. I have probably over a 1000 at a guess. Mine are kept in a Natural pond/lake that my son and I built 2 years ago. They keep breeding at an astonishing rate. I have a hundread or so fry that I pulled out last summer in a 1000ltr tank that I am growing on over the winter.
                    I'll post a picture up in a bit.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                      I never knew you kept koi Rich. I have probably over a 1000 at a guess. Mine are kept in a Natural pond/lake that my son and I built 2 years ago. They keep breeding at an astonishing rate. I have a hundread or so fry that I pulled out last summer in a 1000ltr tank that I am growing on over the winter.
                      I'll post a picture up in a bit.
                      i had them a few years now but if we move then i don't know how long it will be before i can get another pond built so at the moment if i can sell them on then i can build another pond in my own time without rushing it.
                      I'll see if i got any decent pics of mine

Comment

i had them a few years now but if we move then i don't know how long it will be before i can get another pond built so at the moment if i can sell them on then i can build another pond in my own time without rushing it.
                        I'll see if i got any decent pics of mine
                        I bought a 16ft swimming pool for my fry as they are now 6" then realised that my garden is only 14ft wide and I have no electricity at my stable yard.
                        Doh.

monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Thats what you call a pond.I would love to have somewhere to have something like that

Comment

Thats what you call a pond.I would love to have somewhere to have something like that
                            That took 2 weeks to build with a 3 ton machine we dug out 250 tons of soil.
                            Its just starting to become established. the first 2 foot was top soil and then luckily we hit blue clay so it shoul never go empty. My large paddock drains into it so as long as I don't ever fertalise it I should be ok. Keeping the heron and the mink out is a problem though.
                            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

no where near the scale of yours but here some pics of mine.It is bigger and deeper than it looks.These are taken from 2 years ago back to about 4 years ago
                              http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...orce1067/fish/

Comment

Working...
                              X