arches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arches

just bought some wheel arches off e-bay for my 94 surf the model with no arches, do i need some sort off rubber seal to fit against the body work or will clear sealant do the job.

Probably get my head bitten off for this, but isn't a '94 SSRX without arches something of a rarity? I thought all the newer gen 2's had wide arches?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Probably get my head bitten off for this, but isn't a '94 SSRX without arches something of a rarity? I thought all the newer gen 2's had wide arches?
      Not all.

It is pretty rare.

But only t'other day we found a 3rd gen with 15" wheels on so nothing is impossible!!

Comment

Would'nt use silicon unless you get some vehicle grade stuff, the ordinary stuff will go all mingy and prob come off, there must be someone selling rubber profile on ebay or somewhere
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          Not all.

It is pretty rare.

But only t'other day we found a 3rd gen with 15" wheels on so nothing is impossible!!
          ...15" wheels and no arches ....at least it is fairly unique.

Comment

This is what I would probably use....or something similar from B&Q or Screwfix

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rubber-Car-Doo...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

Try Sikaflex 221 or Sikaflex EBT. I've used 221 on my wooden boat inplace of the traditional caulking. Works a treat and adheres really really well to properly prepared surfaces. Comes in a choice of colours as well.
              That'll fit!

Comment

Could always get some tiger seal..

a member on here gave me a tube!! Its amazing stuff.

I think body shops use it to stick on all sorts. The Surf arches attach via fittings that are in the body. You probably wont have those fittings so getting them on might be awkward anyway.

A tube of tiger seal would fix all 4 arches on an take care of any kind of protective rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  yeah and its a manual, thanks guys for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                    Could always get some tiger seal..

a member on here gave me a tube!! Its amazing stuff.

I think body shops use it to stick on all sorts. The Surf arches attach via fittings that are in the body. You probably wont have those fittings so getting them on might be awkward anyway.

A tube of tiger seal would fix all 4 arches on an take care of any kind of protective rubber.
                    no problem fitting to the underneath of existing arch using self tappers just need to seal against body ,will check out the tiger seal, thanks.

Comment

Robbie.I have got 4 arches on the breaker here with the rubber seals on still.If you want to come over at the weekend and take the arches off you can have the rubbers if you want them
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        Robbie.I have got 4 arches on the breaker here with the rubber seals on still.If you want to come over at the weekend and take the arches off you can have the rubbers if you want them
                        thanks a lot mate ,hopefully i can shake off this man flue by then should i email b4 to get your address.

Comment

Originally posted by robbie View Post
                          thanks a lot mate ,hopefully i can shake off this man flue by then should i email b4 to get your address.
                          you can ring me on 07974183876 before your ready to come over if you want and i can give directions then.If i can get the arches off beforehand i'll let you know
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                            you can ring me on 07974183876 before your ready to come over if you want and i can give directions then.If i can get the arches off beforehand i'll let you know
                            ok will phone on friday,pity i didnt know about you before i could have bought the arches from you as i need to spray mine black or burgundy to match truck, the ones i have are for the trucks made without arches and wide mudflaps etc, do you know anything about the rear window motor i replaced mine a year ago working ok until this frosty weather the stopped completely .thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by robbie View Post
                              ok will phone on friday,pity i didnt know about you before i could have bought the arches from you as i need to spray mine black or burgundy to match truck, the ones i have are for the trucks made without arches and wide mudflaps etc, do you know anything about the rear window motor i replaced mine a year ago working ok until this frosty weather the stopped completely .thanks for your help.
                              sure its not just frozen?

Comment

Working...
                              X