No announcement yet.

fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok enough of the pi55 taking.i will work out my mpg over the next week or two but between you and me if its les than 26 dont tell trina

Comment

Bigger wheels will also throw the trip meter, it will seem like you have done less miles.

I calculated a 107 km trip a few days ago in the 3rd gen 3ltr. Almost exclusivly motorway driving, mostly no more than 2000rpm, 65 MPH. Tank filled to the top at the start and the end.

107 km = 66.48 miles

10.20 litres = 2.24 Imperial gallons

66.48 / 2.24 = 29.67 MPG

Comment

Originally posted by joe cuba View Post
        Bigger wheels will also throw the trip meter, it will seem like you have done less miles.

I calculated a 107 km trip a few days ago in the 3rd gen 3ltr. Almost exclusively motorway driving, mostly no more than 2000rpm, 65 MPH. Tank filled to the top at the start and the end.

107 km = 66.48 miles

10.20 litres = 2.24 Imperial gallons

66.48 / 2.24 = 29.67 MPG
        read it and weep hillbilly pig fat burners

Comment

Fuel Consumption

Hi All,

I record on average 22.5 mpg on the highway and about 17mpg round town (stop start driving).

With the small tank, that means frequent fill ups on those longer journies (every 360km - dropping to the last 15% of the gauge).

Regards,
          Andrew

Comment

over the last full tank i spent a full day greenlaneing towed a sprinter van for 25 miles and drove it fairly hard round town and managed 312 km on £62 which is 12mpg unless it records in miles but i dont think it does

Comment

Last Drumclog Trip (July 4th ish) mine was near as 30 mpg as dammit 0n AT's ..
              Not worked out ma mpg since fitting me KL71's

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect any warning !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

I'm getting about 23mpg out of mine which ain't to bad.I hate to know what it is when the 39's are fitted
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Been getting around 23-25mpg since I have had mine.

...and had it at an indicated 100 on the motorway.....

...but wasn't sure what the speed rating on the Grabber AT2's was so stuck it at 80

Comment

I don't know and don't care what fuel consumption I get. I fill up when I get to a quarter tank (my fuel gauge is a pathalogical liar so I never go below 1/4 tank). I chose to run a 16 year old, 2 tonne diesel truck. It's never going to be fuel effcient!

If you want economy, buy a Prius; if you want fun, buy a Surf...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

wot a discussion this has turned into i hate to think how many would of posted if id have said i got 35 - 40 mpg still its nice to chat isnt it.lots of love to all in the new year .steve s

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                        wot a discussion this has turned into i hate to think how many would of posted if id have said i got 35 - 40 mpg still its nice to chat isnt it.lots of love to all in the new year .steve s
                        notice how some dont even get ivolved cause its been done way to many times b4?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          notice how some dont even get ivolved cause its been done way to many times b4?
                          Notice...don't...because or 'cause...too...before.

And the question mark should be an exclamation mark as you're making a statement, not asking a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

And the question mark should be an exclamation mark as you're making a statement, not asking a question.
                            lol ty...........my bothered face >

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              lol ty...........my bothered face >
                              I aim to please

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

He dropped one of these too........(n)

Comment

Working...
                                X