Bye Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I don't mind being ignored, happens all the time, just be sure that your mechanic has correctly diagnosed the problem. Would be a waste of a good motor if it's a silly wee issue.

You need to find out EXACTLY what he means when he says it's dropped a valve.

Valves don't 'drop' gradually, when they 'drop' they've failed catastrophically. If he means one has burned out, the head must already be off to reach that conclusion, so you're half way to fixing it.

Is he a diesel mechanic? If not, he may have mis-diagnosed the problem. Not all IC engines display the same characteristics when they fail.
    lol must be your pleasent ways that makes most just not read yr posts,not me of course,although i do agree with you(for a change) but im pretty sure mitsys is a high mile machine so i'd guess pretty bad

Comment

I don't mind being ignored, happens all the time, just be sure that your mechanic has correctly diagnosed the problem. Would be a waste of a good motor if it's a silly wee issue.

You need to find out EXACTLY what he means when he says it's dropped a valve.

Valves don't 'drop' gradually, when they 'drop' they've failed catastrophically. If he means one has burned out, the head must already be off to reach that conclusion, so you're half way to fixing it.

Is he a diesel mechanic? If not, he may have mis-diagnosed the problem. Not all IC engines display the same characteristics when they fail.
      Sorry dude i will get somebody else to have a look at it and get back to you.

Comment

Can i just say geoff and i are amazed at the generosity off all on the forum. I didnt think one quick thread would generate such enthusiasm to help. Thankyou all your a great bunch of guys and gals and im glad to be a part off it.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          lol must be your pleasent ways that makes most just not read yr posts,
          I say it as I see it, if folk don't read what I post, it's their loss. I don't care.

I do care about folk being mislead or misinfomed, that really galls me. A bit like one of the 'Facts' on one of the other Surf sites:
          " Q What is the "Idle Up" button?
          A Some surfs have this button and it increases the engine idle speed (tickover) but only when the heater blower is on. The idea being that it can be used to warm the vehicle up quicker in cold conditions. "

Total BS, but some folk will believe it unless the likes of grumpy, ignorant unpleasant old me put them right.

And how do you know 'most' don't read my posts?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
            Sorry dude i will get somebody else to have a look at it and get back to you.
            You don't need to apologise or get back to me, just make sure the diagnosis is 100% corect before you bin your Surf.

Comment

I say it as I see it, if folk don't read what I post, it's their loss. I don't care.

I do care about folk being mislead or misinfomed, that really galls me. A bit like one of the 'Facts' on one of the other Surf sites:
              A Some surfs have this button and it increases the engine idle speed (tickover) but only when the heater blower is on. The idea being that it can be used to warm the vehicle up quicker in cold conditions. "

Total BS, but some folk will believe it unless the likes of grumpy, ignorant unpleasant old me put them right.

cause you do get ignored alot

Comment

Their loss, not mine.

As I said before, I honestly don't give a sh1t what you all think of me. I do care that you're being fed bullsh1t from some quarters and are accepting it as fact. I'll always offer my professional opinion when I see that happening.

I'll also always discourage rank amatures from messing with brake, steering and suspension systems, just in case they kill me when their efforts fail. And for the record, I'm happy for an amateur to kill themselves by making a fu*k up, it's the innocents they take with them that concern me.

Comment

Oooooohhhhhhhhh!

Now boy's play nice

OR have a few beeers

Hope to see you all again tommorow eve.

Off on an off road treasure hunt in the morn, the organiser tested the route yesterday and drowned his Paj Could be a fun day
                  My other cars a QUAD
                  (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                  http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Their loss, not mine.

As I said before, I honestly don't give a sh1t what you all think of me. I do care that you're being fed bullsh1t from some quarters and are accepting it as fact. I'll always offer my professional opinion when I see that happening.

I'll also always discourage rank amatures from messing with brake, steering and suspension systems, just in case they kill me when their efforts fail. And for the record, I'm happy for an amateur to kill themselves by making a fu*k up, it's the innocents they take with them that concern me.
                    Would be boring if we all agreed all the time.................

Nothing like a bit of banter and friendly abuse

One of the other forums I'm on censors any post that slags off lame rovers
                    My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Their loss, not mine.

good point,i know what your saying,with my "company hat on",we can't even look at brakes anymore atall whatsoever purely for the fact that if we do we are 100% liable for that car,but that aside people have to learn somehow,just best with guidance,take tin tin,poor bloke had a real struggle but kept checking here and mechanics,and you can be damn sure he will now know his braking system inside out

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
                        Would be boring if we all agreed all the time.................

Nothing like a bit of banter and friendly abuse

One of the other forums I'm on censors any post that slags off lame rovers
                        very true,i personally think our scottish friend does have a very valid point,i think people just sometimes take it the wrong way,but sometimes blunt is best

Comment

I agree with u and am glad that people like u do say it as is...

Now then sorry Mitsy to hear of ur trouble and for being so late in the thread....

Get the people on here to help u so u can keep the truck nothing wrong with that....

And if this all goes off when I have a little time I will be there myself to help out....

SO STAY........
                          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

I must say this thread has restored my faith in compassion ...........

and the good natured people that frequent this forum
                            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                              I must say this thread has restored my faith in compassion ...........

and the good natured people that frequent this forum
                              isn't that what this forum is all about?
                              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

IF i had any spares that would help I would send them your way.

Have helped out at least one other person on here in difficulty and don't expect anything in return.

Most of us on here are in it for the GREAT truck toyota built.

If I kill mine you can have any bits you need

Hopefully it won't die yet though
                                My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Working...
                                X