Bye Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Thats because we don't know where you are.

Wassupp with the truck then?
    still in hampshire i never move far
    i not far from romsey in the country now
    as me profile says near the sheep and deer
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Whats wrong with it Pops?!

Comment

I have to get a second opinion on the truck so before i ask a local garage to come up is there anyone off the forum coming this way at all to have a look at her . I will pay any extra fuel cost,s but dont worry if not i will get somebody in. Cheers mitsy.

Comment

Not so sure about calling out a garage to come and have a look especially if you don't know them and they don't know Surfs as I think they would 'find' something that would make it worth their while and charge you accordingly.

Take the valve cover off the top of the cylinderhead and have a look at the valves to see if anything is amiss or take photos and post them on here or E-mail them to me and I'll do it for you.

Did the engine seize when you broke down? Can it still be cranked? Has the timing belt snapped?

Just trying to save you a bundle of cash.

Are you far from Monmouth? We want to buy a house there, I/we could probably arrange a day out and come and see you at the same time.
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 7 December 2008, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Not so sure about calling out a garage to come and have a look especially if you don't know them and they don't know Surfs as I think they would 'find' something that would make it worth their while and charge you accordingly.

Take the valve cover off the top of the cylinderhead and have a look at the valves to see if anything is amiss or take photos and post them on here or E-mail them to me and I'll do it for you.

Did the engine seize when you broke down? Can it still be cranked? Has the timing belt snapped?

Just trying to save you a bundle of cash.

Are you far from Monmouth? We want to buy a house there, I/we could probably arrange a day out and come and see you at the same time.
            Im about 4 miles away from Monmouth and off course i will pay your fuel to get hear. I managed to get her in the garden this morning so she is still turning over but thiers a loud banging sound when she,s running.

Comment

sounds to me like its a shim on the cam thats worn,if it had dropped a valve it would be running on three cylinders,and you would get masses of blow by back up through the breather system.

and pops i came to your rescue a while ago with some silicone hose,but if you got probs mate give me a shout.
              Last edited by surfenstein; 7 December 2008, 18:02.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hmmmmmm silicon hose ........................ I WISH
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  sounds to me like its a shim on the cam thats worn,if it had dropped a valve it would be running on three cylinders,and you would get masses of blow by back up through the breather system.

and pops i came to your rescue a while ago with some silicone hose,but if you got probs mate give me a shout.
                  Yes you did bless you my son
                  nothing major just cant tow caravan with truck at all or drive at motorway speed on Motorway i add, or she overheats, and have to top up water with couple pints every now and again
                  done usual flushed system, took rad out and got few years off roading out of the fins
                  no apparant signs of water leaking when cold or hot
                  SO pops is Stumped now
                  due to a problem with money owed to me i dont drive truck at mo so now i suppose is time to sort it IF I KNEW WHAT TO SORT
                  ANY IDEA'S WHAT I SHOULD LOOK AT NEXT please
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                    Yes you did bless you my son
                    nothing major just cant tow caravan with truck at all or drive at motorway speed on Motorway i add, or she overheats, and have to top up water with couple pints every now and again
                    done usual flushed system, took rad out and got few years off roading out of the fins
                    no apparant signs of water leaking when cold or hot
                    SO pops is Stumped now
                    due to a problem with money owed to me i dont drive truck at mo so now i suppose is time to sort it IF I KNEW WHAT TO SORT
                    ANY IDEA'S WHAT I SHOULD LOOK AT NEXT please
                    have you done a sniffer test martin? checked for exhaust gases in the cooling system.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

have you done a sniffer test martin? checked for exhaust gases in the cooling system.
                      No mate (but have got a cold at the moment)
                      i dont think it the head as been happening for about year now and got no worse think head would have popped by now
                      last discussions i had was that maybe the water pump may be at fault
                      how much is the sniff test to get done so i can cross off list for sure??
                      Pops

Comment

No mate (but have got a cold at the moment)
                        i dont think it the head as been happening for about year now and got no worse think head would have popped by now
                        last discussions i had was that maybe the water pump may be at fault
                        how much is the sniff test to get done so i can cross off list for sure??
                        ive just had a though i have known the impellar on the water pump to be loose on the shaft,so as you build up the rpm it slips on the shaft.i dont know how much the sniffer test is mate as i have my own,your welcome to use it if you want.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

ive just had a though i have known the impellar on the water pump to be loose on the shaft,so as you build up the rpm it slips on the shaft.i dont know how much the sniffer test is mate as i have my own,your welcome to use it if you want.

It's in my garage Mark ...........Wolf still has my one
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                            It's in my garage Mark ...........Wolf still has my one
                            bugga,yea so it is, forgot about that.well martin if you want it woodzie has it,erm sorry i mean bio.im sure if you rang him you could make some sort of arrangement to use it.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

bugga,yea so it is, forgot about that.well martin if you want it woodzie has it,erm sorry i mean bio.im sure if you rang him you could make some sort of arrangement to use it.
                              thanks mark will bell the Bio when i got some time to head his way or ask anita as she visits andover and salisbury most weeks maybe she could swing by and get it and i do test then drop it back to its rightfull home Yours
                              Pops

Comment

thanks mark will bell the Bio when i got some time to head his way or ask anita as she visits andover and salisbury most weeks maybe she could swing by and get it and i do test then drop it back to its rightfull home Yours
                                yea no worries mate.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X