Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    Vince for PM!!!
    I'll second that, hey one more vote and he should definetly start running for PM

Comment

Plenty of private debt recovery firms out there who will get your money back......for a fee!

http://www.debt-collection-uk.co.uk/private-loans.htm

Comment

do you know what they spent the money on,did you give them cash or cheque have you got statement wright them a letter send it recorded if they dont sign its an admission of guilt on there part,give them 14 days to respond if they do send a letter to you you have them by the short and curlys,if no responce send another letter give them 7 days if no reply give them notice face to face or through friends of your intentions to go to small claims take all copies of letters and statements cost goes on top of claim if you win send balifs in to recover goods to the value of what they owe plus expensises.

Comment

Go to CAB and get them to help pen you a letter to the extent you give them x amount of days to reply with thier intent of paying you back.
          Small claims will ask in the first instance what steps you have taken to try to recover the money first.
          Show them text sent, letters sent, and how long it been owed etc etc it will aid you in showing that you have been more than lenient in the time given and made every effort in contacting this person to recover your money.
          Then you can go to the small claims court to get it listed officially. Money or goods to the value of.
          Grassing for dole, no car tax insurabce etcc etc only works as a last resort and providing your own house is 100% in order, cause if they have anything on you they will retaliate with that. Not only that if whatever you grass on them for has a financial impact on them you lessen the chances of getting your money.
          Get your money first then grass
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

I'd go with Koi's advice Gramps. Safest course of action, and it sounds like you have already passed that point of amicable return, so you have no reason to try subtlety anymore. They'll know that you intend to get the money back by whatever applicable means if you follow Nigel's advice.

At the end of the day, there is a good chance you won't see a penny more from them, and it is bl00dy annoying, that I know, but better to learn from it and not let that situation arise a second time rather than brooding over it.

Comment

Working...
            X