Bugga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugga

All set to day to fit the spacers and the bolts aint quite long enough, i'm going to need M8 X 85, the ones roy kindly sent me are 75 and as you can see from the pic theres just enough thread pokeing through to get a turn on the nut without a washer, it wont take at all with a washer on, so if anyone can supply some i'd be more than happy to pay for em + post etc, i've been on yell .com and the pages looking for a local supplyer but no joy so far, they need to be high tensile (10.9 ish) or if anyone finds a link before i do perhaps you'd post it for me,
    ground off part of the controll arm so the spacer fits snugly in there, it was going so well too, bugger it
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

m8x90s here - http://www.ahc-camberley.co.uk/catal...ducts_id=14935
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Your a star Ian, thanks

Comment

where did you get the special "red" spacers ian........
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          where did you get the special "red" spacers ian........
          It was a joint venture between me, Vatch and Hammerite.

Comment

The 75mm bolts would have fitted, its the 10mm thick paint that is the problem,
            Roy
            When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

If you get stuck Ian I'm fairly sure I may have some stainless ones I can have a look.

Comment

Mind you that link Ian sent you, there prices are good, thats a handy company to remember......

Comment

Hmmmm, so these ball joint spacers will give me how much more lift?
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Thanks Dave but just ordered em, should have revisited this thread first, at least i hope i ordered a box of 25 and not one bolt on it's jack, got the M8X90's better to have em a bit longer than not long enough,

prob not far wrong Roy, fair bit of paint on there, i dipped em in the tin several times, could'nt be arsed brushing it on,
                    well got the bj back together and shock off, when the bolts arrive all i need do is tap the short ones out one at a time and insert the new ones,

It'll give ya 2" lift Jim! (i think i'm right in saying) if you use 2" spacers, although you do have to angle grind some metal off the back of the controll arm, it fouls the 2" spacer at the back, easy peasy tho

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      It'll give ya 2" lift Jim! (i think i'm right in saying) if you use 2" spacers, although you do have to angle grind some metal off the back of the controll arm, it fouls the 2" spacer at the back, easy peasy tho

I didn't thing BJ spacers gave you any lift ??? it was only to reduce the angle of the half shafts to save ware on th CV joints, but was only needed when you did a suspension lift, as this increases the angle.

Or have i been reading the wrong posts
                      Roy
                      When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Way i understant it is the ball joint spacers give you whatever lift your spacers are (2"in my case) which increases the angle of the driveshafts, to relieve this acute angle you fit the equilivent thickness of spacers to the front diff and the arb, OR fit manual locking hubs, (which is wot i'm doing,) i'll fit the other spacers later tho

Shoit!! you got me wondering now, have i done all this cr@p for nowt?
                        Last edited by POPEYE; 23 November 2008, 16:38.

Comment

The idea is that the ball joint spacer pushes the lower wishbone an the hub arm thing down.

It will make the angle of the drive shaft worse.

This is assuming the torsion bars are sound an it doesnt just push the upper wishbone up!!

Comment

Well i have to assume my torsion bars are ok, they were ok before i started, so from the height it was before i started it should be 2" higher when i finish, should'nt it? (with 2" spacers i mean)

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Well i have to assume my torsion bars are ok, they were ok before i started, so from the height it was before i started it should be 2" higher when i finish, should'nt it? (with 2" spacers i mean)
                              Yeah! You might find its not quite 2" but it will be close enough.

The angle of the spacers mean that it just pushes the in aswell.

Thats why tracking needs to be done asap after a ball joint installation.

Comment

Working...
                              X