Peep's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peep's...

I'm having coolant prob's at the moment but wount know if its the head till to morrow when i've had the gas test dune.
    Anyway, i found this on Ebay. Could do with some feed back/thoughts on it and the price. Seems a good price to me on all accounts.

Cheers, Phil

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290273446116

Originally posted by magnum force View Post
    I'm having coolant prob's at the moment but wount know if its the head till to morrow when i've had the gas test dune.
    Anyway, i found this on Ebay. Could do with some feed back/thoughts on it and the price. Seems a good price to me on all accounts.

Cheers, Phil

It's the price that makes me suspicious of it, other than that tho dont have a clue,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hi mate!

there used to be a guy on here who was selling the heads (cant remember his name) eveyone recomended him. bit more money but you know its problem free!!!

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force View Post

Cheers, Phil

stevos the way to go, add at the top of page.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
          Hi mate!

there used to be a guy on here who was selling the heads (cant remember his name) eveyone recomended him. bit more money but you know its problem free!!!

Hi mate, long time no hear
          Would love to find out who ya on about, unless its Stevo. No disrespect to the guy at all but i cant justify 800 quid if thats what it is for a head, and besides i cant afford it anyway.
          I agree Popeye it sounds a bit sus that prise.
          Anyone else got any ideas????

Comment

I know you still going out with the guys from corc??

yeah thats the guy stevo!! did not realise it was £800 thought it was £600 but hey still expensive!

Comment

Mate, that Ebay seller only has 2 negative feedbacks and they weren't for cylinder heads. In fact his feedback for heads is pretty good! Why not contact some of the buyers through their ebay profiles and ask how they got on with the heads they bought?

Cheap doesn't always mean chatty!
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

The problem with ebay heads is people fit them, then leave feedback saying all good and six months later it dies again. What Scorpion suggests is a good idea, but you won't be able to see who bought heads a year or so ago and can't find out how they worked out.

If you have no choice, go for the ebay option, but I'll give you London to a brick that it goes belly up again in a few months time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Mate, that Ebay seller only has 2 negative feedbacks and they weren't for cylinder heads. In fact his feedback for heads is pretty good! Why not contact some of the buyers through their ebay profiles and ask how they got on with the heads they bought?

Cheap doesn't always mean chatty!

Mate, thats a good idea, dont know why i didnt think of that i think my heads up you know where at the mo. Gas test then if its head then i'll get on the phone.

Cheers dude.

@ Hiroler, yup still a mod on CORC and have been all over the place this past few months. Did you know Shottle has been closed down??

Comment

No how come it got closed??

so where do you go these days laning or pay and play sites?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      The problem with ebay heads is people fit them, then leave feedback saying all good and six months later it dies again. What Scorpion suggests is a good idea, but you won't be able to see who bought heads a year or so ago and can't find out how they worked out.

If you have no choice, go for the ebay option, but I'll give you London to a brick that it goes belly up again in a few months time.
                      London to a brick!! eat my own b0ll0ks!! where do you come up with these gems
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ok. Had the gas test and no prob's as he can see. Ie the test didnt turn green.
                        So, where's all the mechanic's on here.
                        As i said, when cold it splutter's for about 3 seconds just like when you are running on veg and its a cold morning and then is fine.
                        This morning it took 2 go's to fire up then splutter then ticked over just below 10,000 rpm. Thats the first time the tick over has gone so high. As it warmed up the tick over went back to norm.
                        So, were do i start looking peep's??

Comment

Hows your injectors?!

Sometimes a spluttery start can be due to them.

Change the fuel filter an run some redex through the system.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            Hows your injectors?!

Sometimes a spluttery start can be due to them.

Change the fuel filter an run some redex through the system.
                            Hi Rod. Yup, did the red x 2 week ago. To be honest its due a full filter and oil change. I wounder if it is the fuel filter after all this worry? i'll do a full service to moz. Cheers, Phil

@Hiroler, we are looking for another local pay and play at the mo. I'll let ya know.

Comment

did u say 10,000?u mean 1000?surely,id throw a guess that once u have got the first start of the day it's fine,do a search on testing your glow plugs,u can do it with a multimeter

Comment

Working...
                              X