ipod geeks plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod geeks plz

ok i have an ipod that hadn't been connected to my pc before today,its got approx 8000 songs,so i dloaded i player,plugged it in,then realised it wont let u transfer from the ipod to the pc,so i took some advice from rod,went into the ipod on "my computer",dragged and dropped the entire music folder over to "my music" folder,then imported onto iplayer,but ive tried twice now and at 1600 songs it just stops,i now have duplicates of the first 1600,anyone help?

Hi
    Not got the actual answer, but if you go onto Apple Itunes site they have a discussion board section that have always sorted my ipod problems.
    Steve
    Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

It may be that you have a corrupt file. I had this happen once.
      What I did was copy across the files in batches avoiding the area of the dodgy file and then whittling it down so that I could find the album that was causing the problem.
      If the duplicates only exist in the library then you can remove them from all from the library and just reimprt them.
      In itunes if you go to File/show duplicatesit will find all the duplicates for you.
      If you have duplicate files on the PC then there are a few free duplicate file finders available. Just google "duplicate file finders".
      Goodipod help can be found at the forums on www.ilounge.com
      Hope this helps.
      Chris
      Time is an illusion.
      Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

I can help, well kind off, here. my puter caught a nasty cold which killed it and i needed to reformat the hard drive. I lost all my i tunes tracks!!. Oh well i thought they are still on my pod i will just copy them back....... It turns out mister apple doesn't like you doing that. you can only copy tracks that you have bought from itunes back to your pc itunes, any you burnt off cds or 'borrowed from friends' you cant easly get back on itunes. there is softwear that will let you do this but as you might of guessed its not apple. do a google search for 'copy from ipod to pc' and you will get loads of info saying how this is a really underhand thing for apple to do. although i like my ipod i think i would rather have some other generic mp3 player, at least i would be able to have my tunes back on my puter now!!

good luck if you find any softwear that works well let me know, most of the programs you will have to pay for. all though i am told that copypod is free and works.
        hope this is of some use.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
          I can help, well kind off, here. my puter caught a nasty cold which killed it and i needed to reformat the hard drive. I lost all my i tunes tracks!!. Oh well i thought they are still on my pod i will just copy them back....... It turns out mister apple doesn't like you doing that. you can only copy tracks that you have bought from itunes back to your pc itunes, any you burnt off cds or 'borrowed from friends' you cant easly get back on itunes. there is softwear that will let you do this but as you might of guessed its not apple. do a google search for 'copy from ipod to pc' and you will get loads of info saying how this is a really underhand thing for apple to do. although i like my ipod i think i would rather have some other generic mp3 player, at least i would be able to have my tunes back on my puter now!!

good luck if you find any softwear that works well let me know, most of the programs you will have to pay for. all though i am told that copypod is free and works.
          hope this is of some use.
          im downloading atunes as i type

Comment

lol none of the free ones work unless u wanna do one file at a poxy time

Comment

You should be able to set the ipod as a hard disk and just import straight form there.

Comment

doesnt let u thru i tunes,i can dload whole music folder onto my computer,gettin them into itunes is impossible

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  ok i have an ipod that hadn't been connected to my pc before today,its got approx 8000 songs,so i dloaded i player,plugged it in,then realised it wont let u transfer from the ipod to the pc,so i took some advice from rod,went into the ipod on "my computer",dragged and dropped the entire music folder over to "my music" folder,then imported onto iplayer,but ive tried twice now and at 1600 songs it just stops,i now have duplicates of the first 1600,anyone help?
                  Go to "Froddle Pod" use it instead of i tunes,it's completely free.
                  Richie.
                  Last edited by bosbax; 9 November 2008, 16:11.

Comment

i use a program called wimamp, its free if you have the home edition, and you can copy any music you like onto your ipod. music from other computers and from other ipods if you have more than one. i am not however tempting you to do anything illeagal as that is wrong. give wimamp a go though. i have two ipods and can swap and change my music whenever i want
                    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Originally posted by bosbax View Post
                      Go to "Froddle Pod" use it instead of i tunes,it's completely free.
                      Richie.
                      ok just tried froggle all looked good till i plugged ipod in,then got "unable to load library",so far ive tried that,idump,atunes,and atleast 6 others,heres hopin coolers one works for me

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        so i took some advice from rod

Theres your problem right there mate....

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
                          i use a program called wimamp, its free if you have the home edition, and you can copy any music you like onto your ipod. music from other computers and from other ipods if you have more than one. i am not however tempting you to do anything illeagal as that is wrong. give wimamp a go though. i have two ipods and can swap and change my music whenever i want
                          ok googled it,all im seeing is articles warning against it,tried to download it from various site,every link doesnt work??

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            Theres your problem right there mate....

my head hurts,wot bout if i lay ipod in cd draw on tower and hit it very hard and smash it in the tower,could i get the files that way??lolol

Comment

It sounds like there's something wrong with it. I would re-connect it to the last PC it synchronised with, then re-synchronise and reset it.

Comment

Working...
                              X