yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

procomp es 3000 or 9000? & what springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool thanks, i will pop down to halfords tomorow, and just to verify, the landcruser spring will be a direct swap for the 3" lift springs i already have?

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
      The shocks came from RoughTrax's and the uprated springs were from Jokers old truck, you know the ones he had on when his truck blew up, the same ones that Toby had when his truck blew up, the same ones i had when my truck blew up, Them!!
      twas the work of the devil
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
        cool thanks, i will pop down to halfords tomorow, and just to verify, the landcruser spring will be a direct swap for the 3" lift springs i already have?
        if you got 3" lift springs already why are you putting thre l/cruiser springs on as they are 3" lift also or are the ones you got had it.Sorry if i missed the post if its been explained already
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

no i just want new shinny blue springs to go with the new shinny blue and white shocks and lue boots.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            if you got 3" lift springs already why are you putting thre l/cruiser springs on as they are 3" lift also or are the ones you got had it.Sorry if i missed the post if its been explained already
            is far as i remember rich, the landcruiser springs are made of thicker steel, so they are still 3" inch lift but dont "sit down" as much..
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

what do you mean by 'sit down'?

Comment

what do you mean by 'sit down'?
                Sag.

Surfs have heavy a$ses so sag even lift springs after a while.

Im not aware of any off the shelf 3" lift springs for the surf. Obviously LC ones can be used. But there not off the shelf for surfs.

If your lift is ok then i wouldn't waste time changing in new springs. You wont even see them once the tyres are on. If your that bothered spend a couple of quid on some paint or something.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  Sag.

Surfs have heavy a$ses

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CALLING MY GIRL FAT

good point on the paint, why didnt i think of that!!!

Comment

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CALLING MY GIRL FAT

good point on the paint, why didnt i think of that!!!
                    its the surfs sexy curves that make them so damn pretty!!

Comment

i will be taking off my anti roll bar at the back so would there be much point using 4" shocks for better angles?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                        its the surfs sexy curves that make them so damn pretty!!

Very nice curves especially after this morning, as I know have a dent in my bonnet from me using my hilift jack and forgetting to take off the top piece and crushing the bonnet, oops!!

Comment

With LC springs, removing the ARB on the back is barely noticeable. IF the 3000's are softer, and this is a BIG if, then I'd suggest you'd be better off with 3000s because the lighter weight of the surf compared to the landcrusher barely loads the LC springs and so is pretty hard riding.

You'll want +2 or +3" longer shocks, so (and a lot of people who think there's a difference between bargain basement shocks at 10mph on green lanes will disagree) just go for whatever is in stock. ProComp are notoriosly crap at actually delivering, so if you can catch them when they've actually got something in stock, buy it.

The reason Procomp are cheap is because build quality is a bit variable and they tend to corrode. They work though, well enough for UK green laning - which brings me back to 'dont worry about the 3000 / 9000 question' because you are never gonna be stressing them that much.

<waits for the usual flak>
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

ok, if I do go for the procomps I will go for whichever they have.
                            What would your good self go for in the shock range and what springs, i think you said lc80's but I cant find them anywhere

Comment

Talking about pro comp shocks I have heard a rumer that explorer uk have gone bust. Anyone else heard this?
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                                Talking about pro comp shocks I have heard a rumer that explorer uk have gone bust. Anyone else heard this?
                                I think its true.

Cant remember exactly what happened....

Comment

Working...
                                X