Gen 3 - best colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 3 - best colour

Ok, doing a search in this forum, I don't think the subject of best colour has been discussed enough, so here is a poll + my stupid opinions. I am looking to get a gen3 surf (if you don't already know, lemme know if you are selling one), and I can't decide what (if any) colour is the best

Here's my rundown, with facetious comments;

Black - Apparently desirable and rare, but doesn't it just make it look like a hearse?

Grey - Oi! Who forgot to put a top coat on this primer! Quite strange looking, especially with matching interior.

White - Look out! It's a 4x4 blancmange!

Silver - Why is every second car on the road these days metallic silver? Is anyone bored out their minds yet?

Gold / Champagne - It's bling, it's ritzy, it's sophisticated, it's metalic light brown...

Dark Blue - You can have any colour you want, as long as it's dark blue... seems to be the most common colour.

Light Powder Blue - Quite smart, but you need a poodle to compliment it.

Dark Green - It's nature, it's countryside, it's a wellington boot.

Maroon - What can you say that's bad about this colour? probably quite a lot.

If I left any out,
    Black
    40.74%
    Grey
    11.11%
    White
    7.41%
    Silver
    14.81%
    Gold / Champagne
    22.22%
    Dark Blue
    29.63%
    Light Powder Blue
    7.41%
    Dark Green
    14.81%
    Maroon
    3.70%

Well from the looks of it your gunna be getting a custom paint job, i wanted a silver one{never looks mucky} but could'nt find one in good condition so settled for the blue, hey you can't have everything.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

both 2nd and 3rd gens look the mutts nuts in white, i also like the champagne/gold colour on the 3rd gens. 2nd gens look sweet in grey though.

but basically aslong as it aint baby blue or burgendiddy we'll let ya in
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Bad news guys - Champagne Silver is actually more silver coloured than Champagne .....

But it does hide the muck well (unless you get it really muddy!). If you're serious about joining the ranks of the abused take your time about finding the third gen and make sure it's got an intercooler !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post
          If you're serious about joining the ranks of the abused take your time about finding the third gen and make sure it's got an intercooler !
          Hmm, trouble is the intercooler versions are not that common, and they tend to go for more money (sometimes quite a bit more) than the non intercooler versions. Does the intercooler really make that big a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by joecuba View Post
            Hmm, trouble is the intercooler versions are not that common, and they tend to go for more money (sometimes quite a bit more) than the non intercooler versions. Does the intercooler really make that big a difference?
            NO it doesnt

I dont think you pay attention to any of the responses in your previous threads, as its already been said. In fact I reckon you,ll end up with a Shogun. IF YOU REALLY WANTED A 3RD gen Surf Im sure you could have gotten one by now

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Hehehe now now alex!
              well speaking a a 2nd gen GREY owner and a tax payer you need something in a nice pastal colour, the one i look'd at for ya was a sort of purpleish blue,
              did'nt go with my eyes at all, black eye's would suit it more,

Inercooler's on 3lt 3rd gens? not worth the extra money!
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Maroon, as you call it, have better engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                  I dont think you pay attention to any of the responses in your previous threads, as its already been said. In fact I reckon you,ll end up with a Shogun. IF YOU REALLY WANTED A 3RD gen Surf Im sure you could have gotten one by now
                  Sorry Bogus, I don't remember asking that specific question in previous threads, and I had seen Predictable Bob say "make sure it's got an intercooler!" after almost every one of his posts, so I thought I'd ask him about that.

I don't want a Shogun, I have fancied a Hilux since '88, so I reckon now is the time... I coulda got many Surf's by now, but I still have 2 months left on my banger Subaru so I have a little time to spend looking about and asking stupid questions and being annoying

Comment

nero is obviously ill again......................and bushwhacker will certainly agree...his burns off boy racers, and i can drive over em...now what were we saying about "maroon"
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                      NO it doesnt

Bogus

Depends on what you want to do with your Surf surely ?

(Would you swap yours for an 'ordinary' one ?)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

sorry im with bogus lol,surely first concern is condition,i dont like green but mine is in v good condition,and surely u have some idea wot colour you want??personally i wouldnt be swayed by colour,more by condition

Comment

The way i did it was find the colour i wanted.. then hunt for a decent truck in that colour!

To be honest. The original poster has slated every colour so what chances are there of finding one your really going to like?! You may aswell just go for condition.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            sorry im with bogus lol,surely first concern is condition,i dont like green but mine is in v good condition,and surely u have some idea wot colour you want??personally i wouldnt be swayed by colour,more by condition
                            Im with you on that one,i was really after a silver one but non were in good nick, so i settled for a split mint blue one, its grown on me now & i would'nt swop it for anything unless it was exceptionally good. Once you've had your truck a while you get to know it & i would trust this one to get me anywhere.
                            "love it".
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                              Im with you on that one,i was really after a silver one but non were in good nick, so i settled for a split mint blue one, its grown on me now & i would'nt swop it for anything unless it was exceptionally good. Once you've had your truck a while you get to know it & i would trust this one to get me anywhere.
                              "love it".
                              ty,just seems nuts to me,why would u want to know wot everyones favourite colour is?if we all say pink,will he buy pink?

Comment

Working...
                              X