Which tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
    Halfords professional tools certainly appear to be a good bet!

Wish I had a halford on the Isle of Man!
    They do home delivery i think...

Im ummin an arrrin about a set of ratchet spanners now...

Comment

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
      Mines a 2nd Gen but I only started the thread because I thought it would be a good general post for newbies. Including myself I'm only two years old in Surf years.
      Good point about the axel stands whoever said that! With them and the trolley jack are 2 ton ones strong enough?? I was going to be going for 3 ton jack etc. I thought the Surf was just over 2 tons of hunky truckability!

I would recomend that instead of using screwdrivers to prise things open to use chisel instead. The amount of screwdrivers I bend and snap is rediculous! That's a point I think I'll put a set of screwdrivers on my crimbo list for Father Christmas.
      Why would you want to lift a whole surf on a trolley jack??? they just don't
      ballance right.
      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

You'd be surprised! Over here on the island instead of cow tipping we have Surf Balancing!!
        Honest!
        Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

i got halfords pro tools never had any probs with them.

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          I cant find the kit Chillit mentioned but ...
          http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165572

that will suit most of your needs!! £99 is feckin good value too.
          thats the ones i got

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          I was just looking at ratchet spanners.

Machinemart do a set for just shy of £20 an its 3 spanners with 6 different ratchet heads.

Halfords do a 33 piece set (got some screwdriver bits in so it aint 33 spanners) for £40..

dunno which ones to get!

Machinemart well, Clarke stuff isn't too bad. Most of it comes with a lifetime warrenty. The ratchets dont! its only metal work. So your more likely to bust a ratchet before you fluck up a socket!
          go for the halfords ones rod, ya know you want to.

Comment

Surprised no-one has mentioned a set of circlip pliers, nothing worse than fiddling about for ages trying to use everything else trying to get a circlip on. As i found out whilst replacing my hubs

Comment

Working...
            X