House electrical advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is great

The Part P Document of the building regs, which is what you're all refering to has been in force for over 2 years now. And still no one is clear as to which work is allowed, which is not allowed which is notifiable, which needs certification etc. Dont get me wrong some of you got it right, but what a farce the government has made of this. For those in the know, theyre actually thinking of scrapping it now, what a complete and utter farce. Anyway, use a JB or Chocbox. and make sure u can still get to it later.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      this is great

The Part P Document of the building regs, which is what you're all refering to has been in force for over 2 years now. And still no one is clear as to which work is allowed, which is not allowed which is notifiable, which needs certification etc. Dont get me wrong some of you got it right, but what a farce the government has made of this. For those in the know, theyre actually thinking of scrapping it now, what a complete and utter farce. Anyway, use a JB or Chocbox. and make sure u can still get to it later.
      still glad i got out of that trade lol

Comment

Clearly a money making scheme- paying someone to come and check two of your jobs in the first place, paying £500(?) a year to be a member, paying for annual checkups, paying for tests to be accredited etc....
        Mind you, if it stops kitchen fitters from spurring undercupboard lights off of 10mm cooker circuits and hiding the join somewhere in a flat roof where i can't get to it to tick it off the remedials list ....
        Especially as i was an apprentice at the time and was getting £3.50 an hour for it.

Comment

bribe a local councel worker who's a sparky

i do every time

must be a yorkshire thing
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
            Clearly a money making scheme- paying someone to come and check two of your jobs in the first place, paying £500(?) a year to be a member, paying for annual checkups, paying for tests to be accredited etc....
            Mind you, if it stops kitchen fitters from spurring undercupboard lights off of 10mm cooker circuits and hiding the join somewhere in a flat roof where i can't get to it to tick it off the remedials list ....
            Especially as i was an apprentice at the time and was getting £3.50 an hour for it.
            my personel best was chippies extension wouldnt work,so he went to fuse board turned all circuits on,including the 10mm cooker cable i was cutting lololol,it threw into wall otherside of kitchen,and made an indent of me in wall lol,after this i picked him up by the neck lolol,then got 40 quid off him for new croppers lol

Comment

Lights

Just get a small junction box and fix the box to something, connect the cables making sure of the correct connections, live - neutral etc. and make sure they are secure.
              It will be fine as there is not a great load in a couple of lights.
              Lastly TELL NO ONE and never ask the question if you do not want to hear the answer.

Officialdom sucks

Comment

Originally posted by muller1 View Post
                Just get a small junction box and fix the box to something, connect the cables making sure of the correct connections, live - neutral etc. and make sure they are secure.
                It will be fine as there is not a great load in a couple of lights.
                Lastly TELL NO ONE and never ask the question if you do not want to hear the answer.

Officialdom sucks
                ah kinda like post 2 then

Comment

I am part P registered for my sins.

As previously mentioned, the JB route is the easiest, but only use this if the JB is accessible for inspection.

If you want to get around the inspection bit, you can either solder or crimp the cables, then test for continuity, then use heat shrink sleeving, all perfectly acceptable.

Make sure you wear latex gloves throughout to ensure you don't leave fingerprints on any of the work, then you can say it was there before you moved in.

When finished, put the gloves in a flammable container, douse with petrol, set fire to said container.

Burn house down and leave country to ensure you will remain as untraceable as possible for as long as possible.

... or get an electrician in!
                  1996 3.0 diesel SSR-G Auto

Comment

Comment

this "part P" stuff seems like an easy way for cowboys to become electricians!!

i did a 4 year apprenticeship to become approved...

now you can do a few hours of regs and buy a "part p" sticker for your van... job done!

the "powers that be" would be better off having a single body in charge of it all rather than confusing people with NICEIC, NAPPIT, JIB there wouldn't be any of this confusion...

if the sparks don't know what's going on, then how are the public supposed to know what the score is?
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X