Removing the egr valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the egr valve

Whilst i have the head off i thought it would be an idea to completerly remove the egr valve, i have made some blanking plates ready, they are of 5mm thick mild steel painted, so should be fit for the job, is therte any reason why a can't remove it completerly and block off the vac line.????

and is there anything else i should be doing at the same time, now that the head is off and i have the room in the engine bay.

Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Take out the A/C (if it's not working too well) you'd be surprised at the space you get back, and you won't have to worry about smashing the condenser to bits if you go offroad (as it's under the bash plate).....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      Take out the A/C (if it's not working too well) you'd be surprised at the space you get back, and you won't have to worry about smashing the condenser to bits if you go offroad (as it's under the bash plate).....
      I like my air-con its cool , the condenser on mine is in front of the main rad, so it will cushion the blow if I hit anything, thus protecting the main rad.
      Roy

Comment

There is absolutely no reason for keepiong the damn thing on (unless you have a fetish for keeping things original)

mine was removed and wazzed into the back field long ago. I made the same plates and blocked off the vac pipe where it joins the metal one.

I would check the water temp sender just above the starter motor. that is the one for the ECU and not the gauge. Mine was pretty much melted away and is a complete Pain to get to once the manifolds are on!

The can be bnought for about £15 from your average anjam singh car assessory shop, one thing toyota made pretty much universal
        Last edited by coolsv650; 7 October 2008, 12:31.
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

I dumped mine 12 months ago, mpg went up an power also increased, black smoke went down. past its mot emission @ 1.43 out of allowed 3.0.
          IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

Got rid of mine just after the old king passed away and aint looked back since (but thats a problem with my neck) i did leave the wireing connectors umm connected in case it fooked up the ecu but all other stuff went, just clean up all the electrical connections in there while you can get at em
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Not sure whether to do a starter Motor rebuild whilst things are in bits, i had some trouble starting her before she died, but I'm not sure if that is down to the compression or lack of it.
              Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
                Not sure whether to do a starter Motor rebuild whilst things are in bits, i had some trouble starting her before she died, but I'm not sure if that is down to the compression or lack of it.
                Well it's definatly a dam sight easier to get at with the manifold off
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X