Laptop Screen Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Screen Fault

Not a Surf related problem but I know there are a few guys on here who are good with computers.

My daughters laptop has a screen fault after it powers up. There are horizontal lines running across the screen where there is any major grapic detail (see pic 1).

However after 20 to 30 minutes this clears and the screen is as normal (see pic 2)

The picture is fine when plugged into an external monitor. I don't think it is a video card, memory or screen fault but have a feeling that it may be the screen inverter, which may point to the fact that the screen is okay once the inverter warms up. Can anyone confirm this or am I way off?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 5 October 2008, 12:28.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

That's what I would have gone for, followed by the graphics - I've had an HP LT that wouldn't work unless I plugged it into an external monitor first, then it was OK, and a Dell that once it had been plugged into an external monitor, still thinks it is - but that looks like the invertor - may just be dirty/dusty
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Cheers Mudsurfer. Now comes the hard part, finding a cheap (available) inverter!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        Cheers Mudsurfer. Now comes the hard part, finding a cheap (available) inverter!
        Easier than I thought. New inverter from Packard Bell UK is only £16.90 plus VAT and delivery. Got to be worth a try at that price.

Comment

Ensure you unplug the Battery & AC lead before connecting the new one or it will blow. Its connected to the LCD behind the plastic Fascia.
          Check the Ribbon Cable is seated correctly 1st
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
            Ensure you unplug the Battery & AC lead before connecting the new one or it will blow. Its connected to the LCD behind the plastic Fascia.
            Check the Ribbon Cable is seated correctly 1st
            Cheers Marky, already tried the easy option mate, but life's never that simple!

Comment

Working...
            X