....rear rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen Parkinson View Post
    that's what i thought.... i can take the motor out and the window doesn't move... granted, i didn't try to pull it down but it was happy as larry to sit there while i replaced the motor.....

what if i reverse the polarity of the motor?... so when i push up it'll go down?

cheers
    any thoughts on the switching around of the wires lads?.... to reverse the polarity as it were?

cheers

Comment

If you can get to the wires on the motor, then yes you can reverse them, (disconnect it from the rest of the car) but if it is before the relay box then no as this contains electronic components and they don't like the voltage being reversed, thats when the electric leaks and lets out the smoke, once the smoke has gone there is no getting it back, you will have to buy a new one.

Wouldn't it be easier to get a replacement unit and just simply swap it when you have the window open ??
      Roy
      When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
        If you can get to the wires on the motor, then yes you can reverse them, (disconnect it from the rest of the car) but if it is before the relay box then no as this contains electronic components and they don't like the voltage being reversed, thats when the electric leaks and lets out the smoke, once the smoke has gone there is no getting it back, you will have to buy a new one.

Wouldn't it be easier to get a replacement unit and just simply swap it when you have the window open ??
        it would be easier.... except all i need to do is drop the window down (which i can do from inside the boot at the motor.. then use the up on the switch to take the window down.... then i can remove the panel, desolder the relay, and simply attach the new one from maplins which is literally a few quid. if the relay enclosure needs removing then replacing a damaged relay is hardly rocket science and the fix is a few pounds opposed to a new entire relay unit box thingy....

point taken about the smoke escaping however... i tried to force it back in once, it wasn't interested

Comment

Working...
        X