• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    It accentuates the ginger beard nicely.

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

How the 11 snails doing
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        How the 11 snails doing
        Twelve. Coming along nicely. I think she said another one had hatched today. She's paying them more attention than she does me.

Comment

Twelve. Coming along nicely. I think she said another one had hatched today. She's paying them more attention than she does me.

I think we have about 140 of the things Stein was having some

what size tank you getting them
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I think we have about 140 of the things Stein was having some
            That's some rearing task.

what size tank you getting them
            Not sure yet. Once they've all hatched and started getting a bit of size on them, I'll have a look around for something suitable. Once they're out of the tub, (she's already moved them into a slightly bigger one), we have another of the gerbil tanks that we can use as a temporary measure until we can gauge what they'll need/want eventually.

Comment

What snails are these? the big tropical ones? i'm looking for some large tropical water snails for the fish tank, their supposed to help keep the glass free from algi, it greens up summat wicked, cleaned it before we went away and its back again already,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

get a Pleco for the tank Ian as they will help keep the glass clean aswell
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  get a Pleco for the tank Ian as they will help keep the glass clean aswell

huh?
                  maybe it is because I am Dutch but what the......
                  is a Pleco?
                  One day at the time I guess..

Comment

...do rumours manage to spread so damned quickly? Just had our Gert come down to the workshop to say that two ladies have been to ask if we'll take a rabbit in as they've been told we won't turn animals away. Honestly, you can't fart these days without someone knowing. I'd really love to know how word gets round like it does. I'm allergic to the buggers too, so I can see me having the sniffles, wheezes and itching whilst I build up a partial immunity for the next few months.

On a plus note though, released a Magpie the other day which took straight to the trees, and it didn't get attacked by the other ones which nest slightly further up, so that should be back on form within a week or two once it's built itself back up to full strength nicely. T'was a tad scrawny, but in good enough health in general.
                    Now theres a post from a man who despite all the bluff and bluster, just wants to be loved and respected. Bless I would suspect that you want people to know about your kind deeds and that is why the "rumours " spread.

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                      and that is why the "rumours " spread.
                      Nah, I just know none of you gits live close enough to turn up with owt.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
                        huh?
                        maybe it is because I am Dutch but what the......
                        is a Pleco?
                        I think it's those things that spend their life stuck to the glass, like a big sucker.

Comment

Animals ( especially Strays) are a real pain in the ass.

I found a dog looning around on a busy road, late one Friday night, on my way home from walking with Harley ( my GSD)

Managed to catch it and get a makeshift lead on it, and get it home.

Phoned the local RSPCA who told me they couldn't take it as their inspectors dont have the facility in their vans to take medium sized dogs ( fecking useless gits) they told me to take it to the police staion, which I did.

The local police refused to take it on the grounds that they do not have the facilities to care for it.

So the next two hours were spent phoning everyone I could find in the yellow pages that proffessed to be animal santuries, none of them would accept the dog at 10:30 on a friday night.
                          When I phoned the RSPCA back the idiotic woman on the phone actally told me to take it back to the police station and tie it to a post outside

Eventually I took it to Ashford Police station which is 100 mile round trip ( 4 gallons in a surf) so my good deed cost me 4 hours of my time and £20 in derv. brilliant.

So much for RSPCA
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Have to aggree with you there Bob, on the two occaisions i've had to call the RSPCA they've been fecking useless, resulting in the 80 mile round trip a fay cry from the all careing feckers rolf harris used to hum and ha about on telly,

Whats a Pleco Rich?? sort of fish or snail? (or a tool for cleaning the glass)
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleco

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                                Phoned the local RSPCA who told me they couldn't take it as their inspectors dont have the facility in their vans to take medium sized dogs ( fecking useless gits) they told me to take it to the police staion, which I did.
                                Police station is the worst place to take them. They just end up at any of the local places, be it good or bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X