Filtering veggie again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GIRDLES View Post
    I believe the 27/3 test is to check for fall out on processed oil ie Biodiesel. The bio 3 PARTS is mixed with methanol 27 PARTS and shaken to mix then settled,all the unprocessed oil and soaps will fall out showing an incomplete reaction.
    The process of washing Biodiesel is to remove Methanol, so by adding methanol to a tank of WVO I cannot see the point.

Filtering after settling is all thats req, Thin with some Diesel when it gets cold. Using Veg oil as fuel not making it into Biodiesel.
    I have had no problems running 80-100% all summer using the method above.Enjoy your cheap motoring.
    i just want everyone to frickin agree,gonna give up on this soon lolol

Comment

Originally posted by GIRDLES View Post
      I believe the 27/3 test is to check for fall out on processed oil ie Biodiesel. The bio 3 PARTS is mixed with methanol 27 PARTS and shaken to mix then settled,all the unprocessed oil and soaps will fall out showing an incomplete reaction.
      The process of washing Biodiesel is to remove Methanol, so by adding methanol to a tank of WVO I cannot see the point.
      to alter its cetane rating.the acidity of well used wvo nearly plumbs off the scale. it depends on its animal fat content and therefore its amino acid content.a few months on fatty wvo will almost certainly kill something vital in your injection system. the addition of an oxidant will alter the atomic structure and its molecular count.

Filtering after settling is all thats req, Thin with some Diesel when it gets cold. Using Veg oil as fuel not making it into Biodiesel.
      I have had no problems running 80-100% all summer using the method above.Enjoy your cheap motoring.
      i have been saying this since post 2. but also adding nuggets such as " use redex"
      which many do. well thats mainly detergent and a kerosene deriviative,
      and is also known as an "improver"
      it makes diesel (28 point combustion) into a fuel slightly more flammable, with an (approx) 25 point combustion point, which has a flash ignition point closer to the 105c required for max efficency
      if you add this oxidant you WILL improve combustibility, you WILL settle out more shoite initially, you WILL keep any vital fuel components cleaner....it works on an industrial scale,on applications from fuel crackers to waste water/oil sep plants.

just filter and settle apache and bdt2 and if its really fulthy chuck something spirited in it................am i repeating myself....
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        i just want everyone to frickin agree,gonna give up on this soon lolol
        oh shut up you tart.........................a nd keep filtering !!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

i should point out there are more than 30 different, patented ways, to process crude into various products.depending on the stage its refined at, you can

crack it

cook it

transtesterfy it

catalyse it

and so forth and so on.the point is there are many "snake oil" ways to process your wvo.
          what the vendors of various bits of processing kits probably dont want you to know, is that the simplest system (filter, settle) is probably 99% as efficent as the most complex £ 5000 home kit you can buy.

and adding acetone is bow locks
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            i should point out there are more than 30 different, patented ways, to process crude into various products.depending on the stage its refined at, you can

crack it

cook it

transtesterfy it

catalyse it

and so forth and so on.the point is there are many "snake oil" ways to process your wvo.
            what the vendors of various bits of processing kits probably dont want you to know, is that the simplest system (filter, settle) is probably 99% as efficent as the most complex £ 5000 home kit you can buy.

and adding acetone is bow locks
            redex acetone? do people realy beleve that load of twiddle?
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              redex acetone? do people realy beleve that load of twiddle?

redex, or other detergent based improvers, especially used with straight veg oil is pretty good george.

acetone is pretty useful for dissolving oil based paints (ie the wife rubbing off her nail polish) and..errr that about it for acetone
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

my prob is the oil im gettin is shite,almost lard in the cold now lol

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  redex, or other detergent based improvers, especially used with straight veg oil is pretty good george.

acetone is pretty useful for dissolving oil based paints (ie the wife rubbing off her nail polish) and..errr that about it for acetone
                  acetone fluks up DNA too its tops for cleaning brick work
                  when raw that is

but from what i read about animal fats non of the above is any use
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    my prob is the oil im gettin is shite,almost lard in the cold now lol
                    You need to blend it more then. White spirits, turps substitute, gum turpentine, diesel or whatever else may rock your boat. I believe some also use petrol for that purpose?

Comment

Working...
                    X