Burning Pigs Ears!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Pigs Ears!

That's what we've been doing today. Someone turned up with a bucket of pigs ears from the abatoir to see if we could 'brand' them with a laser beam. Seems they want to do away with the traditional plastic ear tags and mark the porkers with a barcode!

Not the wackiest laser application by any means though- that has to go the American Cattle Baron who wanted us to brand his steers with a laser beam from a helicopter (no need for lassooing and hot irons)- needless to say it didn't work!

Second place must go to the Frenchman who turned up with a few boxes of oysters. Quick zap with a laser beam and they opened automaticaly- no need to fiddle around with a knife. I believe he has several 'laser oyster shucking' machines in place.

Third place is the hamburger company that wanted us to burn those 'griddle stripes' on their burgers with a laser beam. They tried it- and it worked! Laser stripes on your burger!

Fouth place (and possibly my favourite) is Method
    Of Exercising A Cat - Patent 5443036. This is a real US Patent- but not one of our ideas!

Edit- anyone else been any wierd stuff at work lately?
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 12 September 2008, 22:01.

We use a laser for welding plastics at work, (And it works), what power is the one you use?
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
      We use a laser for welding plastics at work, (And it works), what power is the one you use?
      We have built lasers with outputs between 10mW and 5KW over the years- it's just the range of uses they are put to that amazes me.

Comment

Some crazy stuff!

I would never of thought that a lazor would have so many uses!!

Comment

Working...
        X