No announcement yet.

I've had enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pity he doesn't live near. Sounds like an interesting puzzle, and I reckon I'd have fixed it by now...

If it drops in and out, does that sound like a vac leak? (or duff info getting to the ECU?)
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

well........................i think(by looking at its operation) it needs a vacumn for part of the process tp work,but this process seems reliant on certain mechanical things happening.i reckon his transfer box is not engaging/busted, and this is making a vacumn pipe "close".
      if this happens then the relay in question kicks back pout, and the whole maddening process starts again

of course monkeys might fly out my butt, and it could all be rollocks !!

but i also like the sound of the ecu thingy mate....sounds like a plan !!
      Last edited by gwh200; 30 August 2008, 15:08.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It is fixed!

There are three switches on the transfer - two on the top, and one just in front of the transfer control motor. It's the last one (obviously) that I tried, and I had to rewire the top two as they came to me cut - so having done that, and still no joy, I took the motor apart, clean as a whistle, no joy. Replaced the vacuum hoses - nothing, VSVs - nothing. Everything - then, I went into my shed and removed the last switch - the one just ahead of the transfer control box - swapped this with the one on the truck - started it up, clicked in the button - then, heard the relay click ONCE then looked at the dash (had to move my head due to sunlight) and hey presto - a 4WD light.

While I don't profess to be in the least bit handy with spanners, I've now had pretty much the whole of the 4WD system apart since October last year - and know a lot more than I did....

So - all I need to do now is change the engine - off to Stormies in a couple of weeks to do just that!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Nice one Andy.So is it just the engine now you need and not the rest of it or do you still want the rest of it aswell.Does this mean that you may still come next week then or are you gonna leave it go still
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Nice one Andy.So is it just the engine now you need and not the rest of it or do you still want the rest of it aswell.Does this mean that you may still come next week then or are you gonna leave it go still
            Hi mate - I may now only need the engine, everything else seems fine - although if you take the transmission/transfer out of the breaker, can you take the top two switches off with the connectors still attached - you only need a 27mm spanner, and they shouldn't be too tight either - cheers...

I could do with some help with the heater still, as it only works on Lo and Hi and nothing in between - and doesn't seem to be putting out a lot of air - maybe we'll have a look when I get down there, won't be for about 4 weekends though, having checked the diary - but won't be coming to RTTS as the bottom of the engine and bell housing are covered in oil - if I can get it cleaned up, I'll try and see where it's coming from so it will make the drive down to you..thanks for the calls today - I may see if it's worth pulling the transmission and transfer out when we meet - you never know and the transmission has been getting quite warm recently, I'll pop out in a min and check the ATF levels once I've stopped running up and down the road with my arms in the air!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              Hi mate - I may now only need the engine, everything else seems fine - although if you take the transmission/transfer out of the breaker, can you take the top two switches off with the connectors still attached - you only need a 27mm spanner, and they shouldn't be too tight either - cheers...

I could do with some help with the heater still, as it only works on Lo and Hi and nothing in between - and doesn't seem to be putting out a lot of air - maybe we'll have a look when I get down there, won't be for about 4 weekends though, having checked the diary - but won't be coming to RTTS as the bottom of the engine and bell housing are covered in oil - if I can get it cleaned up, I'll try and see where it's coming from so it will make the drive down to you..thanks for the calls today - I may see if it's worth pulling the transmission and transfer out when we meet - you never know and the transmission has been getting quite warm recently, I'll pop out in a min and check the ATF levels once I've stopped running up and down the road with my arms in the air!!!
              Thats ok Andy and it'll give me a bit more time to get the 2.4 out to make room for yours.i'll get the other engine and everything out ready for when you get yours here to save a bit of time aswell.if there's anything else then just let me know before hand and i'll try to make sure i got it here ready
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

It is fixed
                gosh......im quite....emotional (but it may be wind !!)

what is the engine issue andy, is it fubared ??
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  gosh......im quite....emotional (but it may be wind !!)

what is the engine issue andy, is it fubared ??
                  You are - I've been leaping about on the drive for 10 mins, the guy that lives next door must think I've gone loopy!!!!

There is a lot of top end noise, and I mean a lot - on hard acceleration, approaching gearchange, and sometimes lots of black smoke on gear change when overtaking (I noticed it on a dual carriageway on Sat - overtook and checked the mirror to make sure I was past, and at the same time, the autobox changed gear and there was a HUGE cloud of black smoke) and I get a lot of black and now blue smoke on startup - labours to start (from cold 4-5 seconds, or two attempts at 6+ seconds) and there is now oil all over the bottom of the engine and all over the bell housing of the gearbox - so must have done a seal or something....dunno, it's rattly, shimmy noises from the engine, sounds very agricultural and has started to use a bit of oil now - it's going in to be compression checked on Monday/Tuesday - so we'll see what they say...

Comment

You are - I've been leaping about on the drive for 10 mins, the guy that lives next door must think I've gone loopy!!!!

There is a lot of top end noise, and I mean a lot - on hard acceleration, approaching gearchange, and sometimes lots of black smoke on gear change when overtaking (I noticed it on a dual carriageway on Sat - overtook and checked the mirror to make sure I was past, and at the same time, the autobox changed gear and there was a HUGE cloud of black smoke) and I get a lot of black and now blue smoke on startup - labours to start (from cold 4-5 seconds, or two attempts at 6+ seconds) and there is now oil all over the bottom of the engine and all over the bell housing of the gearbox - so must have done a seal or something....dunno, it's rattly, shimmy noises from the engine, sounds very agricultural and has started to use a bit of oil now - it's going in to be compression checked on Monday/Tuesday - so we'll see what they say...
                    bet it still runs better than yoshies new car lol

Comment

well all's well that end's well.

what shall we talk about now..the weather,politics

mattf's ,severe gingerness !!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Well done Andy!

Its pretty satisfying when you finally crack a problem that's been doing your head in isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Well done Andy!

Its pretty satisfying when you finally crack a problem that's been doing your head in isn't it?
                          Cheers dude - yes it ferkin is mate!! I'm more pleased than a pleased person, covered in pleased, eating pleased pudding, and generally feeling rather pleased - Bryn Crug - Nina is coming to get you, and this time, with a new engine and working 4WD!!! MMMMWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! !!!

Comment

do you need newspaper down in the corner
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Oh? Are we doing Bryn Crug then?

That means we wont be able to fit in all of those killer new routes...

Comment

glad you got it fixed mate. shame your not down for rtts we could of all had a look to see whats wrong with it

Comment

Working...
                                X