I've had enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had enough!

Well, I've fitted the replacement switches for the transfer to see if that would fix my 4WD problem, and it hasn't - I still just get a load of clicks from the relay....

So far I've:

Changed the VSVs
    Changed the relay
    Changed the 4WD ECU
    Changed the switches on the transfer
    Checked all the vacuum hoses all along

I'm really peed off with it now, and it's going to Toyota on Thursday Sept 4th. If they can't fix it, I won't be coming to RTTS, nor will I be going on the next Wales trip - and the Surf will probably be sold as it is....I've run out of ideas and patience - if anyone has any (good) advice on what else I should look for before I start taking pics and getting an ebay ad up then please let me know.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

noooooooooooooooo you can't sell up

only thing i can think of is a complete 4wd system replacement, but by the looks of it you've pretty much done that.

have you ever had 4wd in it?

Comment

only other thing i can think of is too replace the transfer box

Comment

The only time it worked was going up the Wayfarer in May as it took a real thump to the underside, and it stayed on. I've had the front diff apart, I've checked that the actuator works, the only thing I haven't done is replace all the vacuum pipes and the switch/connector at the back of the transfer (the one that if you disconnect it, I don't get the click on and off of the relay).

I've shorted the switch (with the white connector) on the top of the transfer, and I get A/T P light on the dash, which is the car thinking the transfer lever is in N....that is the only time the relay didn't click on then off, then on, then off....

Comment

it's difficult to say, if it was me i would, try changing the front diff, transfer box and the hose's. all i can think of unless it is electrical

Comment

have you got any manuals for the 4wd system

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              have you got any manuals for the 4wd system
              I am creating a nice set as I go....

Comment

Is the vac pump itself working okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Is the vac pump itself working okay?
                  It comes from the brake servo on the 3.0 - so I'm assuming it is, as the brakes work, but no idea if I'm being naiive - all I get is the relay clicks on, then off, then repeat this till bored, but it always ends up off....with the engine on - engine off, then just clicks on - stays on, but no light on the dash

Comment

you know you said, it worked when it took a real hard knock, where abouts did it knock????? front diff, transfer box ect

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                      you know you said, it worked when it took a real hard knock, where abouts did it knock????? front diff, transfer box ect
                      Dunno - I was inside at the time

It may have been the front diff, which made me think it was sticking, so pulled it all apart and it's fine...

Comment

and we are absolutely positive, it isnt in 4wd, even with the light off ??

its starting to sound like a transfer box thingy
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          and we are absolutely positive, it isnt in 4wd, even with the light off ??

its starting to sound like a transfer box thingy
                          totally - you know Bryn Crug - well, I've now done that twice, in 2WD (well, Nina did half of it last time) and it's absolutely not in 4WD....not with that much slipping about in the rear....

Comment

have you jacked up front and back and checked ...say hi to nina btw
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

think he's done all that, as it was suggested in the last thread about it lol

Comment

Working...
                              X