I've had enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
    Well it's not in a box, but its the same as mine...
    Well - slap me in the head and refer to me as Colonel Bluenuts!

Is this likely to fix it? When are you at home? How many biscuit vouchers do I need?
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      Well it's not in a box, but its the same as mine...
      if you put front and rear diffs in then that overcomes mismatch in ratios, although 24 = 7.64 ratios. More suited to huge tyres, as 5.29s are recomended for 35" wheels. However the 5 ending means the rear diff is lmited slip
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
        Well - slap me in the head and refer to me as Colonel Bluenuts!

Is this likely to fix it? When are you at home? How many biscuit vouchers do I need?
        The truck is sitting on the drive, back prop is off, you can help yourself, or catch me here evenings. I don't have the big socket- (is it 2 and a quarter?) to get the wheel bearings apart... All the electric stuff and vacuum pipes are off and 'in me shed' I've been soaking it in WD for a few days too!
        I may be here on sunday, I might not - dads in hospital....

Is it likely to fix it? I have no idea.....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I can't make it until maybe Tuesday evening - too busy...

I hope your dad is OK

Comment

I can't make it until maybe Tuesday evening - too busy...

I hope your dad is OK
            Looks like I will be away all next week. Dads not too bad at the moment, You can help yourself to bits, if you like, we can sort it out when I get back. If you want any vacuum pipes or electric stuff let me know and I'll stash it under the bonnet.
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

4wd Not Working

Sounds Like You Have The Same Problems That I Once Had With My
              4wd Not Working ! Having Replaced Nearly Everything As You Have
              I Opened The Transfer Shift Actuator Motor On The Back Of The
              Transfer Case And All The Electrical Terminals Were Pitted And Corroded From Either Water Ingress Or Condensation.once These
              Were Cleaned With A Dremmel My 4wd After 8 Months Of Not Working Is Now Perfect And Working .hope This Helps ! Might Be Worth Taking Yours Apart And Having A Butchers
              Cheers
              Jonny
              MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JONNY TOYOTA View Post
                The Transfer Shift Actuator Motor On The Back Of The
                Transfer Case
                Does anyone have a pic of this and an idea how to open it? If I can do this today and it fixes my problem, I will be THE happiest person on earth!

Comment

Does anyone have a pic of this and an idea how to open it? If I can do this today and it fixes my problem, I will be THE happiest person on earth!
                  Surely there's only one motor on the back of the transfer case. Go open it coz this is doing my head in as well. Good luck.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

OK - opened the motor ( I think) three bolts to open - one side has a geared wheel and three contacts next to each other on the cover - these are all as clean as the day they were made. The other side when I went to open it (smaller rectangular cover - 4 bolts) dribbled what smells like oil over my hand, that also looked a bit water contaminated - i.e. mayo type gunge in it - I closed this as I wasn't sure this was the correct side, or how to refil the oil if I had to.....

Still no joy - although I can hear the VSVs click in time with the relay now - which is nice....

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                      you have an 8" diff with a 4.1 ratio and 4 pinions (congratulations lol) more diff info here http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/ar....jsp?id=274535
                      Thre rear diff will be 8'' 4 pinion. LSD as stated.

The front diff will be 7.5'' 2 pinion. Both will be the same ratio - 4.1 in this case. Most auto Surfs have the 4.1 ratio.

This page http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/4R_TechInfo.shtml will give you loads of diff info - especially like the colour coding hidden on the diff flange.

http://www.4crawler.com/4Runner.shtml
                      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Thanks Andrew - I'm looking at the EPC at the mo, and have a replacement switch for the transfer actuator switch so I'll try that tomorrow night when I get home and see if that fixes it, otherwise, I'll have to get the whole motor unit off, and replace that and see if that cures it - I've got a spare - but can't get it off the transfer without dismantling the whole thing....

Comment

not sure why you are replacing the diff mate, i thought you had it to bits and it was fine
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            not sure why you are replacing the diff mate, i thought you had it to bits and it was fine
                            think he's on about the tranfer box

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              Hopefully I'm not - that is my absolute last option...I may have to replace the transfer actuator motor - which is kind of OK, but need to know how - not done much of this mechanicing stuff you see - I'm an office boy don't you know....

Comment

Hopefully I'm not - that is my absolute last option...I may have to replace the transfer actuator motor - which is kind of OK, but need to know how - not done much of this mechanicing stuff you see - I'm an office boy don't you know....
                                gosh darn it boy !!

just get the spanners out and aleays remember

righty tighty and lefty loosey
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X