Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biosurf, Awesome ideas mate.

Bl**dy good ideas!

i think it would help a shed load to think that the antis an GLASS are working together to find a solution to the hatred towards greenlaners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      I think thats a rhetorical question. but I,ll rabbit on anyway. Its not road tax, its Vehicle excise duty and simply goes in to the common government pot, which is increasingly being spent on snooping and surveillance of the populace leaving little behind for roads and public services
      I asked about it as I was thinking the other day about how they could justify different banding. They have obviously completely altered its original intent.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
        Whadgoo think?
        Have you brought this subject up with G.L.A.S.S themselves? A thousand people agreeing with you on here will mean sod all if they turn around and tell you no. Broach the subject in the correct place as well as just here and then indicate their disposition.

Comment

Couldn't agree more Matt, I've been planning to, but not had the time or inclination to get it organised in my head or in print until a very long train journey form Gloucester earlier today. Also just wanted to judge from some who have been around the whole off-road thang longer than I whether I'm barking up the wrong (undamaged, thanks to dutifully used tree-savers for winching) tree and/or whether GLASS have gone down this route and I've missed it.

I will take it up with them soon and post as to their response.

Anyone know how they are structured?

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
            I will take it up with them soon and post as to their response.
            Nice. Btw, I'll just mention that I wasn't being offhand or anything with that post above. I just know the type of attitude a lot of institutions/organisations tend to have towards ideas which they themselves don't conceive, so just wanted to point out that it's worth bringing it up directly with them sooner rather than later. Some places have a bad tendency to pee on good ideas, (which your general concept is, btw). It will also be a good way of finding out exactly how worthwhile an organisation they truly are.

Comment

Didn't take it as at all offhand I feel the same. As you say it'll be interesting to see what their comeback will be. I'm voting for 'great ideas, thanks' (continue working as usual...)
              Lets see..

If not GLASS, then maybe Mudsurfers lot or whoever. The more anti stuff there is the more an active association should be able to get coverage by responding . Anyone fancy dressing up a dandy bywayman, scaling Clarksons roof and refusing to come down until he agrees to tell the world that as a rule we dont handbrake turn around every tree? Anyone?

Comment

Where as I wholeheartly agree with education and peer preasure, I'm not sure it's beneficial to be condeming / reporting people who through lack of local knowledge just stray off the ROW, even with GPS it's easy to be off route a little, it does not make you automatically a irresponsible users.

These groups need to be using their local knowledge to guide others of the correct route IMO

Take a Glass / Crag etc. member with local expert knowledge of their area to Salisbury Plain for example, with Memory Map and a GPS and I bet they would still stray off route?

If you're miles off route, digging up the ground wheel spinning etc, then fair enough you're asking for trouble, but people can make a honest mistake and this should be remembered IMO
                I Love Wales

Comment

I completely agree and I'm getting more at those who are obviously mudplugging . As I say, the likelihood of this happening often is low but the effect of having it as a part of GLASS membership would look good to the anti faction.

Comment

Just to illustrate Matt's point - the route that goes west out of Rhyader and turns into a nice rocky route, those that went over the top of the two rocky hills were off the ROW. The legal route is round to the right of the hill - not over it. So, two groups from this forum with guides, with GPS have gone off the ROW.

This was a simple mistake, and looks like a well travelled route, but the wrong one all the same.

The Wayfarer has had some serious idiots on it lately, making a total mess of major parts of it, and this is what has got to stop!
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                      Just to illustrate Matt's point - the route that goes west out of Rhyader and turns into a nice rocky route, those that went over the top of the two rocky hills were off the ROW. The legal route is round to the right of the hill - not over it. So, two groups from this forum with guides, with GPS have gone off the ROW.

This was a simple mistake, and looks like a well travelled route, but the wrong one all the same.

The Wayfarer has had some serious idiots on it lately, making a total mess of major parts of it, and this is what has got to stop!

Intent is the difference. Mistakes are exactly that. Mistakes. If they weren't frequently made, they wouldn't have a term. Mistakes will always happen. Some muppet intentionally ripping around off-route is a completely different beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X