Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelsplace View Post
    The saga continues!!

Having been conned out of £300 for new pads and discs, disaster number 2 has just struck!!!!!

Just leaving home to go to work when I hear a clunk and scrape! Get out to find the tail of my exhaust fell off!!!

Jesus how much worse can it get?

Don't think I'll be passing my MOT tomorrow now!!!!!

At least I should be able to change an exhaust myself!!!!

they always break there! dont worry! i heard you can pick them up for less than a ton. and then do it all again in a year or two lol, or sooner if you go off road!

at least with a surf when this sort of thing happens (as it does EVERY CAR that doesnt come factory with a stainless exhaust) that when the exhaust falls off, it doesnt damage the car. meaning the exhaust doesnt scratch or dent body work, and the exhaust gasses dont burn holes through plastic bumpers as it does some cars!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

mine broke yesterday just after the middle box stopped the little rattle i had when stopped in drive,down side is fumes come through drivers window.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GENERAL View Post
        mine broke yesterday just after the middle box stopped the little rattle i had when stopped in drive,down side is fumes come through drivers window.
        oh no!
        you could do the window up and save money if its too hot what about using the air con!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

to cold then even on low,but on a hot day you have to have one arm on the window sill and smile to your self that your driving a great truck

Comment

Well heres the result of the MOT!

Rear exhaust - knackered (genius - like I didn't know that!!)
            Front section corroded & blowing!
            Middle section likely to break when seperating front and rear!
            Seals gone on rear axle - passenger side leaking oil into drum!
            Front outer cv boot both sides - knackered
            chrome bumpers deteriorated - nothing a bit of tape won't fix!

Not as bad as it could have been I suppose. Shame the front of the exhaust has had it. Just bought rear from TobyJug just need to get front and maybe middle now.

Hopefully I can get her sorted by the end of the week!

Thanks to Toby and Stormy for their help!

Comment

Working...
            X