Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce imminant!!!

The saga continues!!

Having been conned out of £300 for new pads and discs, disaster number 2 has just struck!!!!!

Just leaving home to go to work when I hear a clunk and scrape! Get out to find the tail of my exhaust fell off!!!

Jesus how much worse can it get?

Don't think I'll be passing my MOT tomorrow now!!!!!

At least I should be able to change an exhaust myself!!!!

it cant be all that bad,the items you have mentioned so far are all general wear and tear items.get onto milners or roughtrax for an exhaust.keep yer chin up.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Lol!!!

I'm happy, its just the wife!!! The more I spend the less she has for a MK1 MR2!

Already given her my mondy, what more could she want?

Comment

someone who checks the truck over they are buying lololol,oh look a big hole in the exaust!! lolol

Comment

LOL!!! I know what you mean!!!

I got all excited about getting a surf!!!

I'm still quids in just!

It cost me £900 the other one I saw was in a worse condition bodywork wise and sounded worse when being driven and was going at £1700 so its not all bad!!

I'm actually enjoying researching and trying to solve problems! (at least I keep telling myself that!)

Comment

all well and good telling yourself that but just don't tell the mrs
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

LOL!

Thanks Rich, that really helps!

Just bought the replacement of Toby you suggested!! Hopefully shouldn't be to hard for a muppet like me to fix!

Comment

Originally posted by jelsplace View Post
                LOL!

Thanks Rich, that really helps!

Just bought the replacement of Toby you suggested!! Hopefully shouldn't be to hard for a muppet like me to fix!
                if you get stuck and need a hand let me know and i'll see if i can get over after work one day
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Lol!!!

I'm happy, its just the wife!!! The more I spend the less she has for a MK1 MR2!

MkI MR2?

She could have this for 6200

Comment

She seems set on a MK1 MR2 - besides I need to save some cash to get my big ol girl up and running properly! Who knows how many other problems will show up in the MOT!

Comment

She seems set on a MK1 MR2 - besides I need to save some cash to get my big ol girl up and running properly! Who knows how many other problems will show up in the MOT!
                      But my Celica has four seats, much more practical. (Actually, it's two seats for adults, two for Hank Hill's dad) Oh and it's tiptronic, change gear with buttons on the steering wheel or flick the lever into auto.

Comment

But the MR2 will save me more cash to spend on my truck!!!!!

Comment

Lol!!!

Hehehe, she'll learn. The Surf will be MUCH cheaper!

An Mk1 MR2 will be a rot box by now, and if it isn't it soon will be! Trust me, been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt, the sills, the rear arches, the front valance, the replacement engine...
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Who cares!!! Once I've bought it she'll have to maintain it!

Saw one in fairly good nick in Plymouth for £600 ................ wait a minute I think the alloys were probably worth that!

Comment

Things to look for.

Rear arches need to be replaced, but they'll usually be full of filler. To replace them properly, you need to remove the whole panel, which is huge - otherwise, its cut out as much as you can and weld in pattern fit ones.

Sills tend to rot inside where the rear pillar meets them. Again, filler is used but it needs to be metal. This was the end of mine. Too far gone.

If you get a good one, they drive far better than any of the later marques.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X