No announcement yet.

Oven on a plug???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, if he's bought a cooker in the UK with an OEM molded on plug, it will be fine. It will be CE marked or a proper seller wont have sold it. Its fine. No offence meant, but dont worry about uninformed opinions. Thats why we have standards testing.

If its CE marked, its fine.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Yup cheers alan thats just what i'm going to advise him to do, never did get my CORGI/ACOPS ?, never could afford the charge or the time off self employment to do it, and dont need the aggrivation now.
      Me niether mate, just stopped doing any gas related work!
      Same thing with this "part P" stuff, just dont bother with electrics anymore!
      Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

always follow the instrutions that come with the cooker, thats the 17th ed way, like apache said if it comes with plug on its right, it will be fan assisted.

Comment

Yup i always do read em, i was asking in general terms if anyone else had come across an electric cooker (other than a baby belling) that worked via a 13 amp plug, it did'nt seem right to me and still dose'nt but apparantly is is,
          i did'nt un pack it to check the instructions in case the people had bought the wrong one and had to exchange it, however it checks out and just plugs in
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Folks, if he's bought a cooker in the UK with an OEM molded on plug, it will be fine. It will be CE marked or a proper seller wont have sold it. Its fine. No offence meant, but dont worry about uninformed opinions. Thats why we have standards testing.

If its CE marked, its fine.

Theoretically, I'd agree. However, some of the far eastern companies do have sod all idea what the CE standards are, and how they should be implemented. In truth, that mark means bugger all in some cases. The plus side that it does have is that whomever supplied the equipment is totally responsible if it goes bang, (or worse), due to lack of adherence to the regs.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              Theoretically, I'd agree. However, some of the far eastern companies do have sod all idea what the CE standards are, and how they should be implemented. In truth, that mark means bugger all in some cases. The plus side that it does have is that whomever supplied the equipment is totally responsible if it goes bang, (or worse), due to lack of adherence to the regs.
              Amen to that brother chair! B&Q can carry the can if it goes belly up, (which wont be of any use to the poor sod fry'd in his flat)
              on a similar note tho i recently fitted several chrome fronted light switches and double 13 amp sockets from B&Q (and forign made)about the house and to date a 13amp switch has siezed up (jammed off) and two light switches have failed, kitchen and a two gang two way switch in the hall, so i'm sure B&Q buy substandard goods from around the world cheap and knock em out here at a large profiet,
              take the shower cubicle i got off ebay made in china ---£700, B&Q £3,000
              and its nowhere near as large as mine,
              the case for the prosicution rests
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                Can ya just plug in electric ovens on a 13amp plug these days?
                i've been out the game for a while but always understood they should be wired via a cooker unit to their own fuse (30 amp) the one that was delivered for the kitchen i'm doing for someone has a plug attached and the guys been told he can just plug it in (B&Q) their changing the hob for a gas one tho as it aint got a plug on and has to be wired to a unit of which there aint one, this dont seem right to me especially as it will be shareing a double 13amp socket with a fridge, this has to be too much dose'nt it?

did'nt read the enclosed paperwork as i did'nt unpack it in case it has to go back before anyone states the obvious

Had one of these for several years when we got our first house. Was made by a company called SMEG, worked really well until elements failed and found it easier to replace with new cooker

Comment

Working...
                X