Drumclog 4th 5th and 6th July 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumclog 4th 5th and 6th July 2008

Well we all had a fantastic time, made new friends and drove some excellent routes, proved yet again how brilliant our trucks are off road and built the confidence of some of the newer mudpluggers.

It was great to meet Dieselweazel and his good lady, Palmerbloke and his family and finally Albannach and his partner Shirley made it onto the bumpy stuff.

TonyN and his good lady Linda with the doggies paid us a visit and I gave them quick tour.

Smiffy came with Little ASBO, looking good and goes anywhere.

Highlights for me were meeting everyone again (Gordon and Nick are now adopted Scotsmen ) meeting new folk and having a brilliant turnout, 22 trucks on Saturday. Seeing Tony (Palmerbloke) taking the wife and kids off of the 50 degree slope and coming straight back to do it again with a massive grin on his face, kids whooping and missus laughing her head off.

Our massive fire on Saturday was superb and yoshie gave us his slant on world politics ( no it wasn't boring! honest) and we partied until 2am Sunday morning.

anyhoo, heres a few pics. click em to make em bigger.

Shirley domestic goddess and giggle queen

the campsite pics

Gordon was surprised on Friday with a wee 4th July celebration and got his truck decorated

Tony looking excited

George's V8 vitara in the pipe, that thing ate it up and sounded awesome.

Chris (Cant Get Right) being ###### good at BBQ's Cheers mate!

Tony decided to let the midges bite him so the others could stay bite free.

Thanks everyone for a smashing time and to yoshie for organising a cracking weekend.
    Last edited by KERRSURF; 6 July 2008, 17:10.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Hope everyone made it home safe. Just a quick note to let you know Nik and i made it back and will post pics after a shower and some tea (unless i fall asleep).
    Once again the SSB's (Scottish Surf Brothers) hospitality was superb and included amongst other things, overnight accomidation for my boy and me at Chez Yoshie, a body lift (including rad and bumper brackets), beer, a Vegas themed evening, more beer, instructional tuition in 4x4 driving, plenty of beer, lessons on Scottish history (including devolution debates), massive bonfire, portaloo, surprise 4th of July celebration (including Boston's rendition of Star Spangled Banner and genuine 50 star/ 13 stripe American flag) and plenty more beer. And thats not mentioning their wit and humour for 4 days. Once again guys, I cant thank you enough.

We accept the nomination for honourary Scottish citizenship.

Will post pics and more comment soon

Deisel Weasel - let us know you made it back OK.

BTW - Kerrsurf, where are you logging in at - an internet cafe???
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Looks like you all had a great time - looks stunning up there. Jess was sayin it's over a thousand acres.....no wonder you go for a few days. Love the huge tent.
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Eh? I'm at home mate.

Aye was an excellent adventure. Looking forward to the next one.
        Alan

Comment

There's fierce bl**dy midges up there! One of the main reasons I won't visit Scotland between May & September (from bitter experience). Good pics though looks like you had a good time though.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
            There's fierce bl**dy midges up there! One of the main reasons I won't visit Scotland between May & September (from bitter experience). Good pics though looks like you had a good time though.
            The winter midges aint half as bad as the summer ones.
            Alan

Comment

Great pics we will get ours on sometime soon. Just like to add Andy and me had a great time met a lovely bunch of people and looking forward to our next visit, and meeting up again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                Hope everyone made it home safe. Just a quick note to let you know Nik and i made it back and will post pics after a shower and some tea (unless i fall asleep).Once again the SSB's (Scottish Surf Brothers) hospitality was superb and included amongst other things, overnight accomidation for my boy and me at Chez Yoshie, a body lift (including rad and bumper brackets), beer, a Vegas themed evening, more beer, instructional tuition in 4x4 driving, plenty of beer, lessons on Scottish history (including devolution debates), massive bonfire, portaloo, surprise 4th of July celebration (including Boston's rendition of Star Spangled Banner and genuine 50 star/ 13 stripe American flag) and plenty more beer. And thats not mentioning their wit and humour for 4 days. Once again guys, I cant thank you enough.

We accept the nomination for honourary Scottish citizenship.
                Will post pics and more comment soon

Deisel Weasel - let us know you made it back OK.

Yes Gordon n all fellow Daagergozlow Clan we made it home no problems, on the way to meet Bibs we bumped into a couple of Horrendous Downpours,
                met with Bibs (n dropped off her tyre) about 3.30ish (nice to meet ya Bibs)
                We set off again after eating n bumped into the Silverstone Crowds n more Horrendous Storms (down to 20mph, n 3"-4") laying on the roads, by the time we got home it was 10pm n unloaded the Truck n had some nosh (hence the late post reply)
                Thanks Guys n Gals for your tremendous hospitality n Brian for Organising it, n a pleasure to meet yaz all a Brilliant Weekend of Fun !!!
                Must do it again n stay longer next time
                Jess n Zenda

ps. Not forgettin ya Smiffy, nice to catch up wiv ya at last.....
                I'll post me Pics asa possable ....
                Nearlly forgot Brilliant Pics Alan !!

See all yaz danngergozlow clan again soon ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 7 July 2008, 01:23.
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Jess glad you and Zenda got home safe, sounds like a bit of nightmare on those roads.

We need to make the clan even bigger next time!
                  Alan

Comment

Every time I see or think of Daangergozlow I laugh, folk in the office here must think I'm going mad.

Will try to get the pics up tonight, the video of the drowned Jimny may take a bit longer, it's in 3 parts and needs stitched.

And I'll add my thanks for a fantastic weekend, beer, fire, trucks, off road, beer, bbq, beer, big fire, political debate and some beer. Does it get any better?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      Jess glad you and Zenda got home safe, sounds like a bit of nightmare on those roads.

Yeah good job we done some Riverbeds at the Clog eh!

We need to make the clan even bigger next time!
                      Well worth the travel up n must stay longer next time!!
                      Jess

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi again been messing around with photos not sure how to get them on here so here is a link to my bebo page and new photos have been added for you to check out ok doke, cheers http://www.bebo.com/catnappin

Comment

Great pics, now get the video done
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Great pics, now get the video done
                            Where are yours?

And get your location changed, we've all flitted...
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Great pics folks, need to upload mine onto this post. Had a great Saturday. Even though ASBO was being Anti Social and not wanting to play

Glad everyone enjoyed what the site has to offer,need to get back soon.

Oh,what this Daangergozlow thing??
                              Last edited by smiffy; 7 July 2008, 18:04.
                              www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Working...
                              X