Which GPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which GPS?

As you all know, my lighter is finally fixed so at last I can get a GPS (no more getting lost.... I hope).
    So, the question is, who's got what and how would you rate them? My friend has got the MIO (no idea which one) and it is pretty easy to use. Very good!
    "Good at cracking bones"

I've a T-mobile vario 11 and it has Co-Pilot for road based GPS and Multimap for offroad use.

There's a few more phones now with built in GPS receivers - it's worth investigating

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Don't really want a phone with GPS. I am notoriously bad with phone (I drop mine on a daily basis, been stood on by a horse, been chewed by a horse, and the list goes on)
      No, definitely something that will have to stay in the car!!!
      "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Then maybe something like this ?

Dobbin shouldn't be treading on or munching this

Comment

WOW! Maybe a bit on the big side and installation will probably be a pain in the a$$!! Wonder how much they go for?
          "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Originally posted by EvH View Post
            WOW! Maybe a bit on the big side and installation will probably be a pain in the a$$!! Wonder how much they go for?
            Most Surf's have double din sockets, so it would be roughly the same as replacing your current radio.

Comment

Garmin every time.

The hardware is as you'd expect from a manufacturer who've been in GPS for as long as anyone, and the software is simple and effective. Most have NMEA to drive mapping software on a laptop.

If downloading toys and funny voices is your bag, TomTom is probably a better bet.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                Most Surf's have double din sockets, so it would be roughly the same as replacing your current radio.
                Uhm, after watching Alan struggle for more than an hour to just get the lighter out (and I do feel bad about it) I wouldn't even consider installing something like that.
                No, something more in the region of a thingy stuck to the windscreen with a sucky thing (now, why does this sentence seem a bit sordid??
                "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Garmin every time.

The hardware is as you'd expect from a manufacturer who've been in GPS for as long as anyone, and the software is simple and effective. Most have NMEA to drive mapping software on a laptop.

If downloading toys and funny voices is your bag, TomTom is probably a better bet.

What is NMEA?
                  "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

What do you want to do with it?

TomTom type software?

Memory map?
                    I Love Wales

Comment

get same as mine,will stick to dash aswell

sony nv-u82

Comment

i drove coaches all over everywhere for 15 years or so and i used a revolutionary type of navigational aid.......collins.......road maps
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          i drove coaches all over everywhere for 15 years or so and i used a revolutionary type of navigational aid.......collins.......road maps
                          i take it you never had your own then G
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
                            What do you want to do with it?

TomTom type software?

Memory map?
                            Get from A to B without getting lost? I don't know what else you can do with it?
                            What is 'memory map'? Sorry, I have no idea about these things......

gwh200, I am completely useless at reading maps.....
                            "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

You type in where you want to go Address or Postcode & follow the Voice
                              Dont keep looking at the Screen or you will crash.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X