No announcement yet.

Biodiesel Available In South West London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong with gwh just messaging me his address. I have to admit, I am a little taken back by how defensive you guys are. I'm never had this much trouble with anyone before, so not used to all the question and everyone wanting a sample,lol.

normally with my other customers, i've just given them the sales talk and they have gone for it. but like someone said, i'm in the tigers den now. I just can't wait for you guys to see that my biodiesel is of good quality and not snake oil.

so how many customers am i likely to get from here then? just out of interested?

Comment

• Matt,

in your opinion, whay would be good valvues for Ph level, fat contect and water content?

gwh, after you have done your test, I would like to ask something. I feel that my biodiesel will make you very happy, because it is of good quality, but if for any reason, you don't feel that it is, then please do explain your concerns to me, rather then putting me down. if that fair?

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF View Post
        You'll be having people think you keep me chained to the wall soon for protection. (And not in a kinky type way, might I add, before anyone says it).

You mean we don't?
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by gemini_bio View Post
          I just can't wait for you guys to see that my biodiesel is of good quality and not snake oil.
          If you can deliver a good quality product UK wide at a price which is substantially less than derv (say 20% less all in), you'll have LOTS of customers here. Me included!

PS - Can I run my truck on snake oil without modification?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Matt,

in your opinion, whay would be good valvues for Ph level, fat contect and water content?
            Simple answer - as per EN14214:2003

pH - the standard gives an acidity value rather than a pH, 0.5mg KOH per g of product. The pH will vary with the water content at constant acidity anyway, hence quoting a titration value rather than a PH value.

Fat content -
            Total contaminants 24ppm by weight
            Total glycerides 1.2%
            Total glycerol 0.25%

Water content - less than 500ppm by weight.

Viscosity is very important -
            3.5 - 5.0 sq.mmsec at 40C (as per EN ISO 3104).

Have you thought about making soap with your glycerol by-product?
            Peter

Comment

Matt,

gwh, after you have done your test, I would like to ask something. I feel that my biodiesel will make you very happy, because it is of good quality, but if for any reason, you don't feel that it is, then please do explain your concerns to me, rather then putting me down. if that fair?
              hey muj,
              you seem very pronounced on the quality of your product,im sure it will be fine.the supplier near me wouldnt let me have 250 ml for some analysis and threatened to have me removed by the police !!
              so you are much more amenable.
              as for getting static from this sites members,you did happen to pick on one of the most popular,vitriolic and lively car forums on the net....brave thing to try and tout stuff on this site mate,but as mentioned,if its up to scratch(and please send a representative sample) you are going to do a lot of business,especially if you can keep costs down.

(removed)

i only ned a 250 ml sample,and yes will give the proper results on here

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky View Post
              You mean we don't?
              i thought matt was a total pervy.........thats what bio said anyway !!

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              If you can deliver a good quality product UK wide at a price which is substantially less than derv (say 20% less all in), you'll have LOTS of customers here. Me included!

PS - Can I run my truck on snake oil without modification?
              of course you can,no problems
              Last edited by gwh200; 1 July 2008, 13:18.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post

i thought matt was a total pervy.........thats what bio said anyway !!

Just wait till you meet him
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

• Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                  Just wait till you meet him
                  did he answer the door in a gimp suit !!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    did he answer the door in a gimp suit !!

Comment

so how many customers am i likely to get from here then? just out of interested?
                      No idea. You have to remember that most of us are members of other forums too, however. If we like, we will mention elsewhere too if the question arises.

Plus, that is a fairly irrelevant question. As you should know full well, one customer more than you had previously is a boon. Any more is even better. 'Good word of mouth', to coin the phrase, however, is nigh on priceless.
                      Last edited by MattF; 11 June 2008, 13:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBeaky View Post
                        pH - the standard gives an acidity value rather than a pH, 0.5mg KOH per g of product.
                        Bugger. I capitalised the wrong letter in pH.

Comment

My spell checker is a pain in the 'arris for doing that
                          Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBeaky View Post
                            My spell checker is a pain in the 'arris for doing that
                            I can't use a spell chucker as an excuse though.

Comment

Don't let Bibs see this
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

• Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                                Don't let Bibs see this
                                Yeah, but we would have the inevitable, 'what does pH mean' question first.

Comment

Working...
                                X