No announcement yet.

Biodiesel Available In South West London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just like the bobbox thing (sorry!)

I asking for details about how it worked and got the usual 'trade secrets' and 'you wouldn't understand' guff.

Someone said to me "your car radio works, and you dont know why, you just accept that it does", and I said, "well, actually I do know EXACTLY how it works"

Same thing here. I'm sure some people here know a lot about the chemistry of biodiesel. If some people here just want to take the word of a trader that 'its great because we use a new process' then fine, but dont go whinging to him when the seals in your fuel system dissolve. (I am NOT saying they will, could be cosher)

However, I personally would not stick some unknown cleaned and 'fiddled with' WVO in my truck without checking it out thoroughly. Certification of compliance to a known biofuel standard would do.

Personally I think that as the guy appears to be able to supply pretty big quantities, its likely that its a fairly serious operation, so also likely that he does have some sort of standards compliance. Maybe he would like to post here to what standard his fuel is produced, and we could all sleep safe in the knowledge that its OK.
    Last edited by Apache; 9 June 2008, 00:15.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Our fuel is all manufactured to the EN standard for Biodiesel which is EN14124. We take the strictest of precautions to make sure that all out fuel is make to this level. Also, some of our current customers include the television program "The Bill" who use BIO+ in all their filming vans. I am more then happy to provide you with a contact at their studio who would be happy to confirm everything that I have said. as well as many other local firms. I can provide you with all the referances you like. also, i'm happy to give a small sample.

I would like to work with members of this forum to make everyone as happy as possible. At the end of the day, i know that you don't know me, and so you don't or can't trust me but i'm not a theif or a lier and believe me I wouldn't want to do anything to damage anyones vehicle.

Comment

For those interested in other sources of supply rather than manufacture, I grabbed this from petrolprices.com website

http://www.petrolprices.com/biodiesel-companies.html

Err, I'm not recommending anything here! and I'm not a salesman
        If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Who's the member using your fuels BTW?
          It's me!

I work on the same industrial estate. I took my Surf for an MOT at the Rolls Royce Owners Club/Garage a couple of weeks ago & noticed that it was in the unit next door. I got chatting to the owner (nice chap) & basically convinced me to try it.

At that price I couldn't refuse. So currently I am on my 1st full tank of 50% bio & 50% diesel. When that finishes I will move up to 75% bio then on to 100%.

I am really pleased so far, I have not experienced any difference in performance & I hope I will still feel the same when i'm running 100%.

A couple of guy's at work that have got diesel cars are trying it on there next tank.

I sell/export Land Rover parts for a living & I know a lot of mechanics & they all said that there should be no problems in using it.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris View Post
            It's me!

I work on the same industrial estate. I took my Surf for an MOT at the Rolls Royce Owners Club/Garage a couple of weeks ago & noticed that it was in the unit next door. I got chatting to the owner (nice chap) & basically convinced me to try it.

At that price I couldn't refuse. So currently I am on my 1st full tank of 50% bio & 50% diesel. When that finishes I will move up to 75% bio then on to 100%.

I am really pleased so far, I have not experienced any difference in performance & I hope I will still feel the same when i'm running 100%.

A couple of guy's at work that have got diesel cars are trying it on there next tank.

I sell/export Land Rover parts for a living & I know a lot of mechanics & they all said that there should be no problems in using it.
            if i can give my advice i wouldnt go 100% as i did n it blocked my fuel pipe n fuel filter 75% i was ok but when i didnt have any money n went 100% it did what it did but i might have been unlucky

Comment

First use of bio or veg often carries crud from the tank to the filter. I wouldn't worry about that aspect.

it does look like the info we wanted is coming now though with regards to testing standards etc.

Comment

First use of bio or veg often carries crud from the tank to the filter. I wouldn't worry about that aspect.

it does look like the info we wanted is coming now though with regards to testing standards etc.
                Fuel filter already ordered, I was thinking of changing it after the 1st full tank of 100% biodiesel.....what do you think? or is that to early?

I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini_bio View Post
                  I totally understand your point, and your right. of course you need hard evidence. I misread your first reply, I thought that you were asking why BIO+ is better then standard diesel.

ok, the reason why BIO+ is better the stardard biodiesel is this:-

biodiesel has always been know to be very sluggish when it comes to its performance(is this true?). we have overcame this problem by making BIO+ much more refined as a fuel then standard biodiesel. BIO+ goes through a much better processing and filtering process then the standard biodiesel that people make in the garages.

BIO+ can boast of an additional 20% reduction in harmful emissions when compared with standard biodiesel, and we are currently working on increasing this as much as possible by changing our production methods.

Due to our production methods, BIO+ has much greater lubricity properties to that of standard biodiesel, meaning that the internal componants on the engine and fuel system are better lubricated and so will last longer.

Before i post the name of the member who refer to the site, I need to ask him if he is ok with that. I will speak to him tomorrow and get back to you.
                  Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Erm Gra, I believe, unless I've misread your post, that you are blurring the line between biodiesel and processed WVO. They are two totally separate products, (although I'm sure I'm teaching Grandma to suck eggs with that nugget).

However, everything else is pretty much right to the point of the problem. The OP has still posted no useful info regarding any aspect of his 'product'.
                  matt i do believe this "bio" is wvo as its filtered and a chemical marker of some description is added in various quantities.this is all cool but is it bio is it wvo is it whatever,its bio diesel if its not refined from crude oil,(someone agree with me please)
                  if ..and its quite a big if..it turns out to be good stuff,the guy will make a killing,hell i would have an ibc of it in my garage!!

but he needs to come clean,is it just filtered wvo,or has is he going to tell us what the additions are !!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Apparently it's manufactured to EN14124. See if you can find that and have a read. If that is a manufacturing standard, then it will include all the stuff thats in it.

Might be something in here if you fancy a read.
                    http://ec.europa.eu/energy/res/biofu...orts/lot3a.pdf
                    Last edited by Apache; 9 June 2008, 16:48.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      its bio diesel if its not refined from crude oil,(someone agree with me please)
                      This is actually a good point, as this is where most of the general blurring occurs.

Biodiesel, specifically, is the product when full processing and removal of the glycerine has taken place.

Anything which has been processed, (no matter what additives or other processing it has had), is still processed WVO unless it has had the glycerin content removed.

This is why I make the point frequently about the processed stuff that places are trying to palm off as Biodiesel. It ain't.

Comment

i have read this synopsis before.it primarily deals with whether or not you treat byour filtered wvo with ethanol or methanol,one is cheaper and kinder to the enviroment and one is more prevalent.we still dont know if this dude is tradinfg cleaned up wvo or rape oil .till he tells .............
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The ethanol/methanol thing tends to depend upon country as much as anything else. I believe the US is the main place for ethanol, whereas methanol is more prevalent over our way. (That's from memory though, so may be complete bunkum).

Comment

well as soon as mr fuel bloke tells us which fuel he supplies im sitting on the proverbial fence.
                            i would rather use waste wvo that has been filterd properly than real "biodiesel" which im sure relies on modifiers to remove (as you mention matt) glycerine,again acetone is a good use for this i believe,and that stuff is usually touted as a cetane improver,which it most certainly isnt.
                            till we know what the fuel is......im sticking with lidls finest mixed with a touch of fossil fuel
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I know there was quite a long thread about adding acetone to veg some time back. Isn't acetone a degreaser, or am I thinking of something else? What was the general concensus about adding acetone to veg?

Comment

I know there was quite a long thread about adding acetone to veg some time back. Isn't acetone a degreaser, or am I thinking of something else? What was the general concensus about adding acetone to veg?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone
                                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                                X