spotlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotlights

what do you think ??came off the 2nd gen should i wire them up ?dont want to go through the roof with the wiring though,

Last edited by joker??; 1 June 2008, 19:12.
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

do it dude,you dont have to go through the roof,and you have lots of time on your hands now !!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

When I had rooflights, I just taped the wires together so they were flat (side by side) then under the door seal and down the inside of the 'A' pillar to the dash.

Comment

vince just the man!!

im having a light bar put on next week,and would also like to mount two spots on my new bumper.a toatal of 6 lamps and rated at 420 watts.
        is this going to (eventually) be to much for the alternator,as im thinking of mounting a second one where the aircon compressor used to be
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          vince just the man!!

im having a light bar put on next week,and would also like to mount two spots on my new bumper.a toatal of 6 lamps and rated at 420 watts.
          is this going to (eventually) be to much for the alternator,as im thinking of mounting a second one where the aircon compressor used to be
          See here.....

http://www.yotatech.com/f131/dual-al...uestion-74751/

Comment

thank you link king !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Bring it with you next sunday dave, we'll see what we can do with the wires, or have a look at what i is doing with mine and graham's, we will fit everything in, good news is i'm not on PA next sunday, so not too rushed now to fit everything in.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Why are you all such big girls when it comes to holes in the roof??

Snorkel - drill the window pillar. Spoiler - drill the roof. Aerial - drill the wing. et etc etc

Get the proper waterproof gland, and treat the hole with rust proofer and it'll be fine. There are IP68 glands out there which are submersible, so they'll be ok for rain water! Mine's be in the roof for 2 years now with no sign of any leaks or rust.

On the other hand, you could always fit it along the door line and wait for a flash and a bang when you pinch it one day
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

For once i aggree with apache drilled holes all over mine, if ya f##k it up you can always get another one
                  anyway Dave they look cr@p, give em to me
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Go on mate just drill the holes you know you want too
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

sole reason for not drilling holes in the roof for me is because i want the bar to be removable, a connector inside the cabin and wires running through the door shut, similar to codlords install on http://www.showmesome.info/hilux if it re-appears at some point, achieves this, fit the right fuse to protect the wiring and the worst your going to have is a tiny spot of burn't paint and to replace 8" of wiring and a connector once in a blue moon.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

There is always the possibility of a bodged install setting fire to the truck... (not that you would bodge it!)

Fit a connector to the roof cables, then its removable, or fit an IP rated connector INTO the roof. (Thats what I'm gonna do sooner or later) There really is no excuse mate, and it makes for a much tidier, more professional install than poking the cables down the door shut line.

Comment

I put mine thru the roof using the water tight glands and some clear silicone not had a problem with the rain or the jet wash

Cheers
                          Paul
                          Attached Files

Comment

will try something else as i dont want to drill ,
                            drilled through the 2nd gen roof for the lights but when i took them off had to find a seal for the hole
                            like nero[ ian] said i want them to be removable
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Like *I* said, they CAN be! Jeez, some people...

Get a nice mil-spec waterproof connector. Proper job rather than a 'through the door opening' bodge.

Comment

Working...
                              X