3rd gen 3.4 petrol views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen 3.4 petrol views?

does anyone have any views on this engine?ie any good?i'm not doin serious offroading,and mpg with lpg fitted? tia

Very popular in the U.S.A. if that helps. I think they suffer from head gasket problems though.

Comment

I think they are pretty damn powerful!

Go on mate! Get one, as a truck they are awesome!!! Not my personal fav but you cant really fault them!!

If that one in the for sale section is STILL for sale, then stop reading an call the guy!

Comment

LPG will keep down the running costs too
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

They have a bit of a reputation for head gaskets, but nothing like the older V6s. They are generally considered very strong engines with a lot of scope for tuning. TRD do a supercharger for them. I only didn't get one because I wanted manual and they don't do it on that engine.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            I think they are pretty damn powerful!

Go on mate! Get one, as a truck they are awesome!!! Not my personal fav but you cant really fault them!!

If that one in the for sale section is STILL for sale, then stop reading an call the guy!
            not that one
            Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
            LPG will keep down the running costs too
            and ive priced that into the equation! i'm just hopin it will work out cheaper to run than the diesel,wot u think?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
              not that one

and ive priced that into the equation! i'm just hopin it will work out cheaper to run than the diesel,wot u think?
              How much is an LPG kit?! Ive been looking at some for some 'plans' i have later this year an to be honest.... they cost a bl**dy fortune!!!

Comment

Guy opposite me used to run an LPG'd range rover and seemed fairly reliable, tank took a fair chunk of the boot though, and meant that there was a ###### great LPG tank in the middle of the load area if he folded the seats down to get more stuff in. He had nothin but praise for it, and this was a few years ago before LPG really got popular/common, that was on a 3.9 v8 (or may have been 4.2 thinking about it, was an early P38 so whatever they had in.

On the other hand, the guy who had the unit next to where i used to work had a newer (2006/2007) LWB transit size van, can't remember which make but fiat is springing to mind, with factory fitted LPG and he couldn't stand it, was absolutely gutless, totally unreliable and the increased servicing costs outweighed the fuel savings or so he said. So much so that having bought it new he got rid after only about 8 months and bought an old diesel hiace/townace to replace it with.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

wonder why the sudden interest?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

At that price i probably would btw.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                    Guy opposite me used to run an LPG'd range rover and seemed fairly reliable, tank took a fair chunk of the boot though, and meant that there was a ###### great LPG tank in the middle of the load area if he folded the seats down to get more stuff in.
                    You're better of with a Toroidal tank that lives where the underneath spare goes, much tidier, and safer as gas won't vent into the car if somethnig goes wrong.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      You're better of with a Toroidal tank that lives where the underneath spare goes, much tidier, and safer as gas won't vent into the car if somethnig goes wrong.

You look good on that horse Tony, i did'nt know you were a crosser (and i dont mean events
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                        How much is an LPG kit?! Ive been looking at some for some 'plans' i have later this year an to be honest.... they cost a bl**dy fortune!!!
                        not as bad as u think,i found a kit delivered for underslung delivered for around 800,that multi point,just get it fitted
                        Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        my thoughts exactly

Comment

BDT2, no doubt you've been asked this before, and I missed the reply, but what exactly does your signature, 'Fingershitting' mean?

I'm going to hazzard a guess but I don't want to offend you just in case I'm wrong.

I'm inrtigued (and bored) so spill the beans mate!
                          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            BDT2, no doubt you've been asked this before, and I missed the reply, but what exactly does your signature, 'Fingershitting' mean?

I'm going to hazzard a guess but I don't want to offend you just in case I'm wrong.

I'm inrtigued (and bored) so spill the beans mate!
                            well a few weeks back,matt was havin a dig a judwalk bout spelling,and he went onto say bout how he see's things,and it just cracked me up fingers hitting..........fingershittin g lol

Comment

Ah, I see! It was actually pretty close to what I was thinking!

Cheers mate.
                              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                              X