Raer Wheel Bearings, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raer Wheel Bearings, please help

rite then, i got the collar off now, can any of you lot tell me how you get the
    half shaft out of the bearing as thats what im stuck on
    Last edited by SurfingNow; 20 May 2008, 22:11.

Think you need a press to do the bearings i am probably totaly wrong so i will go and shut up now
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

write up here
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

You either need a puller / press or cut the bearing off v. carefully with a fine cutting wheel
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

On that write up - use the shady tree technique - it works.

If the bearing is really stuck.......... place the drum over two blocks (shaft pointing up) and whack the shaft with a sledge hammer.

Protect the shaft or you'll be spending a couple of hours filing the spline back into shape (voice of experience).
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I used a combination of a 1mm cutting disk for stainless and a decent chisel and lump hammer, watch out for flying bits of bearing tho !
            A piece of scaffold makes a good drift to tap the bearing on with and if you heat the retainer to bright red it falls into place
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

thanks all, i'll be tryin that the shady tree technique 1st tomorro and
              go from there.

Comment

the shady tree technique works!

at last all done, new rear wheel bearings and seals both sides and new rear
                brake shoes.
                id just like to thank KERRSURF for puttin that write up on here, thanks

Comment

To beat Yoshie to it, as you've had very valuable advice for absolutely nowt, pay your subs, get your stickers, and help pay towards the upkeep of this place!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    To beat Yoshie to it, as you've had very valuable advice for absolutely nowt, pay your subs, get your stickers, and help pay towards the upkeep of this place!
                    i will as soon as the wedding is over in september as "moneys to tight to mention" which is in Cyprus and still shed loads to pay

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow View Post
                      the shady tree technique works!

at last all done, new rear wheel bearings and seals both sides and new rear
                      brake shoes.
                      id just like to thank KERRSURF for puttin that write up on here, thanks
                      If you saved more then £15 on garage fees then paying subs would be a brilliant way of saying thank you, not to me but to all of the guys and gals here who make this forum what it is, cheers mate.
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow View Post
                        i will as soon as the wedding is over in september as "moneys to tight to mention" which is in Cyprus and still shed loads to pay
                        September! It's only £15 ffs... Alan's way too diplomatic, you've saved money using the forum, pay a wee bit back ya tight wad

Oh aye, given the chance, I'd pay the £15 subs rather than get married...
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

"I'd pay the £15 subs rather than get married..."

Oh if only........
                          Alan

Comment

Working...
                          X