New To The Forum-bit of advice needed as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    Think that's the cross eyed smilie thingie ain't it?
    Just looks daft to me.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      Ha ha ya old git, you never knew what it meant!
      I know... That said, he's only 18 ffs, they speak thon funny language we were talking about earlier.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Just looks daft to me.
        Personally, I prefer this excited gif:

Comment

Cheers for all the info ,

about the "xD" thats something ive done for years bad habbit, because i cant be bothered to use emotions...

i was looking at a 2.4 orginally so depending on the quote's it's going to be a tight toss up between 2.4 and/or the 3ltr... and am in favour of the 2.4 as they are cheap to buy at the moment...

another question, i know the heads are prone to cracking? is it best to get one which has had a replacment or get it done myself ?
          If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

Originally posted by mousey View Post
            Cheers for all the info ,

about the "xD" thats something ive done for years bad habbit, because i cant be bothered to use emotions or words
            i was looking at a 2.4 orginally so depending on the quote's it's going to be a tight toss up between 2.4 and/or the 3ltr... and am in favour of the 2.4 as they are cheap to buy at the moment...

another question, i know the heads are prone to cracking? is it best to get one which has had a replacment or get it done myself ?
            Brian

Comment

i cant be bothered to use emotions...
              The missus says that about me.....

If you can find one, a UK 4runner is a lot cheaper to insure than a surf. Mechanically 99% identical but because it's not an import the insurance people don't shit their pants.

Don't overlook the V6, they're up to a grand cheaper than the 2.4 and petrol is cheaper than diesel. Depends on your mileage and driving conditions though. They're are normally a few kicking around with LPG conversions too.

Comment

Welcome mate - I've got a 2.4 I will be selling very soon....I won't put any details on here, so you'll need to wait for the ad but it will be about £1600...with new MOT and 6 months tax....

Try Lifesure for the insurance too - may work out cheaper than Flux
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i will bear that in mind altough this wont be to the beginging of september that i will have to money to buy one, i was looking on ebay earliyer though and found a couple i like, can you give me any idea's and put me on the right track:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-2-4-TOYOT...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

but i really do like he look of this one and am very tempted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-TOYOTA-HI...QQcmdZViewItem

what u lot think ?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, (and I'm not sure what's available in there at the moment), have you looked at the for sale section on here?

Comment

yer, i had a qiuck scout round earlyer there was a few but they are all mainly 3ltr's, if possible i want to try and get hold of a 2.4

Comment

yer, i had a qiuck scout round earlyer there was a few but they are all mainly 3ltr's, if possible i want to try and get hold of a 2.4
                        I wasn't sure if there was anything applicable in there at the moment. With regards to deciding upon one, main thing to remember is to just follow the common sense rule. Try and get as much proof that any work they say has been done has actually been done.

With a 2.4, regardless of what work it has had done previously, a full overhaul of the coolant system should be your first priority when you get it. Coolant flush and refill, new rad cap & thermostat, new ATF fluid, check, (and if necessary replace), all diff fluids. Timing belt I've always replaced on any vehicle I get, even if it was supposedly only replaced days earlier. Those precautions will usually save you from all of the catastrophic failures occuring through negligence. Any faults thereafter are purely down to bad luck on the major areas.

Do the usual checks when you see one. Engine operation and sound when both hot and cold. Does everything work as expected? No bits dropping off?

Just use common sense and general caution, and you should be fine.

Comment

all that you listed above e.g. coolant and timing belt ect...

how much roughly would it cost to do all of the above as i aint the richest 18 year old , put it this way i would like enough money left to pay for a suspension lift and maybe a set of new wheels and tyres

Comment

all that you listed above e.g. coolant and timing belt ect...

how much roughly would it cost to do all of the above as i aint the richest 18 year old , put it this way i would like enough money left to pay for a suspension lift and maybe a set of new wheels and tyres
                            Hey hows it going. welcome to the forum. I used sureterm direct 0870 20 20 230. if u can get a female on the insurance it will help. just ask the guys on the phone the cheapest way to do it. they were good wi me. i got a ban on my licence and they got me quoted abou 300 quid odd. 2.4td or 3td. if i could buy again ad choose the 3ltr. but 2.4 is more than capable o doing anything. i hope and so av been told. am going for my first weekend out next weekend. i have took it off road before and it works fine

Comment

the whole vehicle has had a 6 inch lift kit installed.
                              Bwahahaha! Don't think so!!!
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

doesnt look like it does, maybe's 2"

Comment

Working...
                                X