Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling the breakers here

Guys,

I am weighing up my options for Hippo, can you please give me some idea of how much I could get for her ?

I am trying to gauge whether I should get her a new engine or cut my losses

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

didnt gwh come round??

Comment

Yep, we think she has at least knackered valves, and possible rumbling down below

So it sounds like the engine is well deceased

Comment

is the engine fubarred then trev ??
        rich might be interested if mandy aint spent the money on a summer cruise
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Aw mate thats bad news - sorry to hear. I could cry for you

Hope you get sorted and get to keep her.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
            is the engine fubarred then trev ??
            rich might be interested if mandy aint spent the money on a summer cruise
            I think she has suffered a slow death from Plains inflicted injuries she was never the same after overheating on the way back.

Gray will be along later to pass along his judgement, I have never seen him cringe like that before

Comment

ask tony about another engine but i think you are looking around £7-800+

and only joker and stormy know about the breaking side
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                I am trying to gauge whether I should get her a new engine or cut my losses
                Dismantle the Hippo. How could you even consider it Trev.

Comment

i would say Trev that if the body work ,bumpers etc are in good condition then you will be looking at anything between £500 and a £1000.I have just got another 3.0l for £500 with blown head and the body etc is in pretty good condition but its would of been worth at least 700 easy as it is.
                  I think you can look for about the £600 to £700 mark which is about the normal sort of price.Hope this helps you a bit mate
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

well.......

it aint (unfortunately) very pretty

there is a rumble from the bottom end,but it is hard to hear over the extremely loud rattling from the top end.the noises coming from the back of the enginensound like classic oil starvation noies,ie got hot expanded and broke.its deffo only running on three,as it seems no 4 pot is doing nothing.the thing is its coolant has not got hot though or used any water or oil,and no mixing has occured,but,and its a big but.....

at the very least its done some valve/rocker gear in.it sounds extremely "cammy" or maybe a follower(s) banging like an african steel drum band.there is no oil making its way to the top of the lump whatsoever so gubbed oil pump ??
                    the only way to really tell is to at least get the head off,but trevs domestic set up prohibits this,so he is unfortunately in a bit of a dilemma

suggestions greatfully accepted
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

oil pump from stormy,fit and give it a go?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        oil pump from stormy,fit and give it a go?
                        good idea except.....................

the damage is already done,some serious damge i should add.
                        its a bit late to just bolt a pump on,as the head at the very least needs to come off to investigate the damage there
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                          ask tony about another engine but i think you are looking around £7-800+

and only joker and stormy know about the breaking side
                          i only know what you know, how to break them!!!!! , selling parts i aint got a clue ,
                          i sold mine as a breaker as it will be barred in london in 2010[4x4light utility]
                          if it was registered as an estate i might have replaced the engine,
                          look at the price of a decent engine trev then look at the price of anew truck , then decide.
                          3rd gen petrol in 4sale section , how much mileage do you do??

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                            how much mileage do you do??
                            Between 70 & 80 mile a day

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                              Between 70 & 80 mile a day

oops perhaps a petrol aint for you then trev

Comment

Working...
                              X