Got my snorkel fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my snorkel fitted

Yes that is correct safari snorkel is now fitted and ready will put pics up later of it, didn't do it myself as i didn't want to cut my wing up

Next up is the landcrusier 3" lift

:thumbs:

do yourself a favor, and slap a load of sealant where the plastic pipe along the wing goes into the airbox, its not part of the snorkel kit as its in the toyota pipes that are still used, but there is only a foam seal from the factory, and it could get water in as its not a snug fit.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

nice 1
      is it home made?
      like mine
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Where's the pics then?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

do yourself a favor, and slap a load of sealant where the plastic pipe along the wing goes into the airbox, its not part of the snorkel kit as its in the toyota pipes that are still used, but there is only a foam seal from the factory, and it could get water in as its not a snug fit.
          wonder if he made a little step bracket ????
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hey Tony u mean when the pipe comes into the engine bay?
            Hope so don't fancy having to take the snorkel off

It was the safari snorkel i got off tony the other week Judwak

Bushwhacker had to go to work and was running late so i will take some pic's and use digi cam and get the bull bar shown too, and later i have to sort out the tow bar again.

Joker what little step bracket, is there something i should have done
            Last edited by Retribution; 15 May 2008, 03:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
              Hey Tony u mean when the pipe comes into the engine bay?

Joker what little step bracket, is there something i should have done
              Have a look at the airfilter box, the pipe in that is bolted to the inner wing, just rests in the airfilter box, with a little foam seal to stop it rattling. I like to use sealant round this join to seal it up as the foam obviously isn't airtight.

The step bracket is something we made on Jokers truck to get this pipe to sit better in its hole, as his didn't line up very well. (probably from a major front end collision in its past............. :ducks and runs away: )

Its not part of the snorkel, the last bit of the snorkel kit joins the front of this pipe, its like it from the factory.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i form filled the sump hole in the air box
                just take the filter out fill to sump hole up with formfiller
                it worked for me
                this is me trying it out for the first time its all or nothing
                http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...3-08_14011.flv

Comment

george,you are quite ...mental
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                    i form filled the sump hole in the air box
                    just take the filter out fill to sump hole up with formfiller
                    it worked for me
                    this is me trying it out for the first time its all or nothing
                    http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...3-08_14011.flv

i loves watching that when the lady says ''ohhhhhhhhhh myy godddddddd'' has me in tears laughing

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                      i loves watching that when the lady says ''ohhhhhhhhhh myy godddddddd'' has me in tears laughing
                      i have no idea who they were that filmed it but it was very nice of them to bluetooth it over to us
                      she was very posh tho and good looking

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        george,you are quite ...mental
                        whys that then?
                        its no me thats mad

its the rest of the world

Comment

Have a look at the airfilter box, the pipe in that is bolted to the inner wing, just rests in the airfilter box, with a little foam seal to stop it rattling. I like to use sealant round this join to seal it up as the foam obviously isn't airtight.

The step bracket is something we made on Jokers truck to get this pipe to sit better in its hole, as his didn't line up very well. (probably from a major front end collision in its past............. :ducks and runs away: )

Its not part of the snorkel, the last bit of the snorkel kit joins the front of this pipe, its like it from the factory.
                          Tony i took the filter out and i can see the clear silicone around the inside of the pipe you mean, i'll put some more around there to be sure,as for the fitment it looks to be pretty close but will silicone round that too

Comment

Ok a little update i put silicone around the outside of the pipe and opened up and removed the filter and put loads around the inside of the pipe too, so that should be sorted at last and sealed tighter than a ducks ass

Comment

heres what tony means

[quote tony]probably from a major front end collision in its past............. :ducks and runs away: )

thats why i only paid £600 for it
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X