Step this way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step this way

After two days laid low with yet another sickness bug i finally got the dam thing on, it's a bit stiff but i'm hopeing it'll "wear in" it takes my weight so it should be ok , the bear metal pic's are pre sick and the painted ones are post sick i've got 30 roller skate bearings a side plus the four pairs of horizontal ones (i found in me box) bump stops fitted to stop it comeing right out, and welded some extra slides to help support it, just need a bit of bent chequer plate for the edge (B&Q) and i can dump the beer crate on to the air!!!

i cant find anywhere to stick the airtank under the truck with out some major exhaust mods (which i cant afford) so do ya think it acceptable to fit it in the back, only down to that i can see is if it blows up!!! if i could get rid of that bl00dy great stock silencer it'd go in there, dont really want it in the cab but i'm sort of stuck, any ideas??
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Youve got a pit Looks goodhope you are better, why air would hydrolic not be easier
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

I went for air as it was reccomended by a few members plus i can use it for air horns, air bags, pumping me tyres up etc,

yup the pit comes in very handy, (it took me three attemps to back the truck in with out hitting owt, but tell em nowt say nuthin)

Comment

How cool is that!!!

Can you do another one with a selection of chrome plated spanners set in it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          How cool is that!!!

Can you do another one with a selection of chrome plated spanners set in it?
          Not a bad idea! i'll make one for my side with spanners in it

Comment

u sir are a god,that is serious dedication

Comment

Nice one mate!!

T'is good to see the plate getting a decent use finally!

Comment

Thanks Andy/Rod, i've yet to tell my missis it's her birthday present shall i wrap it or just say your present's parked outside! here's the keys?

been thinking agout the tank!! i've a bit of plate left over rod, if i fit it in the back and make a cover for it out of the checquer plate it should be ok (in case anything blow off, i'll have to mount it upside down (as it would be underneath) so the drain thing works, you have to let the moisture build up out now and again dont ya? (it's the valve on top in the pic, with the key ring on)
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Thanks Andy/Rod, i've yet to tell my missis it's her birthday present shall i wrap it or just say your present's parked outside! here's the keys?

been thinking agout the tank!! i've a bit of plate left over rod, if i fit it in the back and make a cover for it out of the checquer plate it should be ok (in case anything blow off, i'll have to mount it upside down (as it would be underneath) so the drain thing works, you have to let the moisture build up out now and again dont ya? (it's the valve on top in the pic, with the key ring on)
                  Ian, it is feasible to simply replace the large section of exhaust with a straight pipe section (with the right bends to suit your application) it may increase the exhaust noise a bit but if you still have the rear section it should be fine, no problem at mot time too.
                  I reckon around £70 to get a straight pipe fitted.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

eh....that is impressive Ian, good job done
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Cheers Alan, yup! what i'd like to do is replace the big silencer with straight pipe and take it out to the side, that would give me plenty of roon, but it's mot time that buggers that idea up, i've an ebay exhaust on and it aint got the small box at the back that it originally had, when i can affort it i want to get a 3" s/s one made up with a smaller box which i can unbolt and replace with a straight pipe, and just swop em over at mot time, that stock box is massive, it must be possible to get summat smaller, even if it does increase the noise a bit, as always money's the bugbear

Comment

i'm probably wrong, but i thought the valves with the keyring thing was just blow off / pressure release valves, isn't there a screw in plug to drain any moisture once you've released the pressure?
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                          i'm probably wrong, but i thought the valves with the keyring thing was just blow off / pressure release valves, isn't there a screw in plug to drain any moisture once you've released the pressure?

Pressure relief is usually at the top, water drain is at the lowest point on the tank.

(is on mine anyhow)

Comment

the water drain is the one with the key on it and that should be at the bottom.the swith is the pressure cut off/saftey switch and the other valve is used when the compressor breaks down and you have no air you simply plug it into another source.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yup it would normally sit under the vehicle with that keyring valve faceing down, you have to push it inwards to let the water build-up drain out, it's spring loaded, there's a ball bearing type pressure relief thing at one end of the tank, which has a rubber cap/grommet thing stuck in it, and at the other end is the pressure switch, and to the side of that is the small bore air feed,
                              ill be sorting it out soon as vatch sends me the diags and will probably have plenty of questions knowing me first of which will prob be how do i pipe it up

Comment

Working...
                              X