No announcement yet.

Urgent advice pleeeeeeeeese I am worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with the xtrail,be very wary of turbo's they only last 40k then fall apart,bout a grand a pop

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      with the xtrail,be very wary of turbo's they only last 40k then fall apart,bout a grand a pop
      I heard that the ones after 2004 have been sorted. Hope so anyway is this a case of out of the frying pan into the fire surely not
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

well the deed is done my old gal is now off to the dealer in place of a 2.2 X Trail.

I asked one dealer to check the vehicle it was a 54 plate and had 41k on the clock to inspect it.

When I went to pick it up the off side wheel arch was rotten! as were the brake pipes which were in a dangerour condition I got VOSA to go and inspect the garage and pullall the MOT's bunch of cowboys trying to sell dodgy motors. THey deserve all they got.

I settled on an ex mobility car full service history and part exed my old gal for chicken feed.

Sad to loose her she was much more of a vehicle than any xtrail etc but hey ho that's life.

I'll be looking in still cheers JB

Comment

Sorry to hear of ya woes John, hope ya get sorted ... Good Luck
          Jess

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ok drove to Inversnecky 3 weeks ago and had a look for an Xtrail.

I test drove a CRV Honda, it rattled and was really noisy. Tried the Sportage, to soft on the suspension, mitsibishi was ok but too expensive. settled for the Xtrail.

Went home and started phoning round Citreon Arnold Clark told me they Ihad an Xtrail in mint condition ready for collection so Ii drove my old girl up to Inversnecky again. By this time she's trying to tell me something because she hasn't used a drop of coolant in 300 miles

Anyway decisions made on the grounds of economy so back to Inversnecky. On arrival I find a 54 Xtrail sitting outside with my name on. Only the intercooler was pessing oil and the brake pipes were rotten.

Vosa was informed and car withdrawn from sale list I was by now not happy my wife could have been driving a dangerous car. and I'd driveniles for Bog all.

Anyway I then go to Arnold Clark Pugeot in the same City. Xtrail great only the brake pipes were marginal the flexi ones had corroded on the wheel cylinders! it's only just 3 year old.

I took it for a test drive and smelled oil opened bonnet to find oil pessing from the intercooler.

If you fix it and the brake pipes which are £35s a pop I will take it.

On arrival cooler pipe replaced and I was handed 3 brake pipes by the salesman.
            Who said," It was too expensive for us to change em you will have to do it yourself!"

Feck me! some place. So I drove home and had to change the corroded pipes myself. Check the Mot and it has an advisoty guess what they had lost the advisory document which accompanies the MOT.!

Anyway I have a day's travelling each time to check the cars and shop around so what the hell. I took out the 2 year warranty and believe me if things go wrong I will complain.

When I got to Inversnecky I checked the old girl and she hasn't used a drop of coolant in 450 miles. Sad to let her go but sheeite happens.

beware when you but a car from a dealer.

Good job i have a mechanical background.
            Cheers JB

Comment

sorry to hear of your woes jb

i really do hope you give em hell on that warranty
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X