Urgent advice pleeeeeeeeese I am worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice pleeeeeeeeese I am worried

My trucks been using a bit of coolant of late I suspected a leak somewhere so wasn't too worried. After all the head is new one and engines been reconditioned. I though I'd cured the problem perished rubber on the filler cap so put on a new one. Mrs H just came home the hoses are the size of melons due to excess pressure I let it cool and replaced the old cap same problem is this terminal like a cracked block.

Cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Did you change the thermostat?

And have you flushed the whole system??
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Check the rubber pipe that goes from under the rad cap to the overflow container, it can sometimes be blocked with crud, preventing hot coolant 'expansion' into the overflow.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Check the rubber pipe that goes from under the rad cap to the overflow container, it can sometimes be blocked with crud, preventing hot coolant 'expansion' into the overflow.
        Damn you're good.....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          Damn you're good.....
          Thanks.

Keep it to yourself, but I'm 'wingin' it' most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Thanks.

Keep it to yourself, but I'm 'wingin' it' most of the time.
            Hehe!! sounds good tho dont it

with a new head/recon job i'm leaning towards the head gasket going on the fritz, pressure check etc, did you do the work yourself? if not take it back and play up a bit,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Hehe!! sounds good tho dont it

with a new head/recon job i'm leaning towards the head gasket going on the fritz, pressure check etc, did you do the work yourself? if not take it back and play up a bit,
              It was done by one of the best I can't fault the guy my thoughts were block cracked. Noew off to check the expansion hose back in 2 seconds cheers Vince

Comment

pipes clear

I was going to try trading it in now i fear it needs pushing over a cliff.

maybe some hanging baskets and window boxes and keep it as a feature in the garden.

Comment

have you ever flushed ya water system out i had a blockaged in the engine
                  some were i blow it out with a hose lumps of rusty crap cam out i flush it now every few mounths my head is ok
                  well on the truck anyway

my hose looked like foot balls and blow off the rad my rad poped before the head and iam in a 2.4?
                  so ya may be lucky like i was
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1 View Post
                    pipes clear

I was going to try trading it in now i fear it needs pushing over a cliff.

maybe some hanging baskets and window boxes and keep it as a feature in the garden.
                    Could be just the hoses are weak with age, they do break down inside over time.

Check the heater isn't leaking (wet carpet in passenger footwell)
                    Check rear heater is producing hot air, as the tubes that go under the body can also block up with shi..... er, crud.

Comment

Hi guy's

I couldn't get on line for a while and spent about 2 hours typing the same paragraph before sending but it always went tits up. Anyway here I am now.

I checked the expansion pipe, it's free no probs.

It isn't that long since I had it rebuilt mileage wise 3k maybe 18months time wise.

I think it's the block I thought it might be some sensor valve slowing things but don 't know. Give me a 30 year old basic motor without all the vacuum pipes and stuff and I'd probably be OK but now I ha vent a clue.

I don't think the garage could possibly be at fault Stevos brilliant a true pro he changed the thermostat, water pump etc. I think it's terminal. The engine flushes clean anti freeze and the heaters work to the point of roasting yer hand off on max. both front and rear.

I'm hoping for a miracle.

Cheers JB

Comment

Hi guy's

I couldn't get on line for a while and spent about 2 hours typing the same paragraph before sending but it always went tits up. Anyway here I am now.

I checked the expansion pipe, it's free no probs.

It isn't that long since I had it rebuilt mileage wise 3k maybe 18months time wise.

I think it's the block I thought it might be some sensor valve slowing things but don 't know. Give me a 30 year old basic motor without all the vacuum pipes and stuff and I'd probably be OK but now I ha vent a clue.

I don't think the garage could possibly be at fault Stevos brilliant a true pro he changed the thermostat, water pump etc. I think it's terminal. The engine flushes clean anti freeze and the heaters work to the point of roasting yer hand off on max. both front and rear.

I'm hoping for a miracle.

Cheers JB

so you flushed ya block out before?

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                          so you flushed ya block out before?
                          It isn't that long ago since I replaced the rad and if I drain the system I always stick a hose in for a while to let it run clean.

Cheers JB

Comment

What is the pressure rating of your rad cap?

Nev

Comment

It isn't that long ago since I replaced the rad and if I drain the system I always stick a hose in for a while to let it run clean.

Cheers JB
                              just out of knowing that it is not that
                              when you flushed ya block did you put your hand over the out let in burts to give it pressure not too much tho
                              this will let you know if the flow through the block is clear if any brown rusty shi,,,,, or crud has its called
                              comes out then its possible that crud has settled in your block
                              mine did this about 3 mounths after i did my heater matrix the crap from there seetled in my engine and nearly over heated it to a piont were i thought the head had gone
                              my pipes too did blow up to the size of a small footballs

iam just saying it may be worth a try it dont cost anything to look
                              i hope its not dead mate i realy do
                              theres nothing worse than the head

Comment

Working...
                              X