To work by bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tintin View Post
    Just got myself a bike (2nd hand) might have to give this cycling lark a try!
    But i wont be cycling to work, as its 22 miles and i need most of my tools which weigh about 1 ton!

Just put the bike back together after a respray(yellow and orange is so last year) ......

just got to figure out why i only got 6 instead of 18 gears

nice respray! if your going on the road, make sure you make the suspension really stiff or else you will be knackered!

when i was younger i had a 10 speed mountain bike, no suspension. propper rubbish but i went everywhere on it. the gear cable broke once and i couldnt afford to replace it so it was stuck in 10th. i soon got used to it though! used to do wheelies and all sorts in 10th. i used to hold the front brake and spin the rear wheel through gravel or mud, and when it snowed i came off a few times lol
    when i got the cable fixed, i tried to do an on the spot in a bald patch of grass and i broke the rear spindle. the spindle is the bit that goes through the middle of the wheel to bolt it to the frame and the bearings sit on this. i had to drive miles home with the back wheel wobbling about all over the place.
    good times
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post

just got to figure out why i only got 6 instead of 18 gears
      Front derailleur isn't moving. Probably slack in the cable between the shifter (left handlebar) and the derailleur (the one above the pedals). Something to do with the cable hanging off the end of the handlebar I'd guess......

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        Front derailleur isn't moving. Probably slack in the cable between the shifter (left handlebar) and the derailleur (the one above the pedals). Something to do with the cable hanging off the end of the handlebar I'd guess......
        That, or it's a girls bike.
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Very nice Alan. You've got some nice rides round your way in the Downs

Here's my MTB in Wales

and after a ride in Kent lol

Although I spend more time on this TBH

Cheers

Chris
          Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Looks like your serious Chris, My outlay so far is £25, that includes bike, 3 paints, and a pair of new front brake shoes.

Sancho, cheers mate, i knew what the problem was, but havent had time to investigate why yet. probably not got it back in exactly the same place it came from, so cable will need adjusting!
            Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X