No announcement yet.

To work by bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might try going to work on my motorbike.. then I can go home for lunch...I'll save a fortune, but I dont think the dogs will approve as they normally come to work with me!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      Welcome to the world of bike riding Andy.
      I'm not new to this by any stretch. I used to do about 100 miles every weekend and cycle 20 miles a day to and from work when i lived in Wales. Now I'm a 20 miles on a summer Sunday cyclist.

I was amazed at how drivers attitudes to anything not in a steel shell has changed though since when I was keen...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Alright then, welcome to the world of bike riding these days.

To be honest, I think the change in attitude is largely as a result of drivers losing patience with cyclists, partly because there's so many of them to deal with now and partly because most don't have a clue what they're doing. I've still got my Cycling Proficiency badge somewhere, but I doubt many others have.

London is a riot of commuters running red lights, couriers cutting cars up and teenagers not even beginning to look where they're going now. If you've not been here for about five years though, you would be astonished at how many bikes there are now.

Comment

Takes me 15 - 20 minutes to get me Trike outta the Garage !! worth it tho
          n when I travel I'm in the middle of the lane "so I can give way to Cyclists"
          and also not get cut-up as with in the idiot in your fiasco Andy.
          Eyes peeled mate as the come from anywhere n everywhere, be safe ....

There's always a payback .... Ya just never see it comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            do these "bikes" come in petrol and diesel ?
            no they don't G as they will block the filter and pump..wave:
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              As I've no shocks, and the weather is nice, i thought I'd dust the bike off and cycle to work.

Took me ten minutes. Takes me ten minutes by car. Figure that out!

Have your shocks been stolen?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Have your shocks been stolen?
                No, but I suspect bits of the nearside one are somewhere in Happy Valley.

Comment

Now before any nasty comments start I'd like to say I don't have a big ar5e, but I find riding a bike most uncomfortable. Why does the seat / saddle have to be so bluddy narrow? It feels like it's cutting you in two! Even those gel seat things ain't much better. I want one of the saddles like they used to have on butchers bikes!
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Yeah, yeah...............

Lard arse!

I agree with what you said though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Yeah, yeah...............

Lard arse!

I agree with what you said though.
                      No, it's true! I may have middle aged spread and love handles but there's more meat on a butchers pencil than there is on my ar5e (or is that to much info?)
                      Last edited by Scorpion; 8 May 2008, 16:56.
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Way too much info.

Saddles have to be narrow to stop them from forcing your femurs out of your pelvis. Not spontaneously, obviously, but over time trying to pedal around a wide saddle would ruin your hip joints and give you back ache.

Women have different shaped pelvises and much wider hips so can have wider saddles.

The little slot down the middle of most modern saddles is to reduce pressure on your prostate.
                        Last edited by Sancho; 8 May 2008, 17:05.

Comment

I have a little slot

Must say its much better than the seats I used to use which weighed about 150 grams and consisted of a carrierbag stretched over a sliver of titanium and left my pecker numb after about a mile! Prefer my gel 'couch'!

Comment

A grey Peugeot 405 Estate passed me and immediately (and I mean immediately, I had to stop) turned left across me into a petrol station. He got a blast of my horn (I shouted 'w*nker'! at him)
                            I had a car squeeze past indicating right and as I went past on the inside peddling flat out he turned left taking me out in the process. His girlfriend got a shock as I did a forwards roll over his bonnet taking the passanger mirror and my bike with me and landed on the road on the other side of the car. I stood up brushed myself off picked his mirror (his girl friend still screaming) passed it to him through his open window and said "I think thats quits" and rode off leaving him with some great dents in the bonnet and his mirror smashed in his hand.

Mark

Comment

Just got myself a bike (2nd hand) might have to give this cycling lark a try!
                              But i wont be cycling to work, as its 22 miles and i need most of my tools which weigh about 1 ton!

Just put the bike back together after a respray(yellow and orange is so last year) ......

just got to figure out why i only got 6 instead of 18 gears
                              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

As I've no shocks, and the weather is nice, i thought I'd dust the bike off and cycle to work.

Took me ten minutes. Takes me ten minutes by car. Figure that out!
                                your obviously drive really slow. they say the older you get the slower you drive, but i wouldnt know lol

as long as your not one of these silly cyclists that double up, or dont move to the left so the cars can get passed. these people hear the sound of a horn, and smell the veg!
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X