Wasted morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
    I guess it's because like most motor makers, once they have your initial money (car purchase) they loose interest as they're not likely to get anything like as much again until your next car purchase. Whereas others haven't already hooked you in, so any money they get is a start.
    id say it was more an age thing, supply and demand, toyota dealers will probably be servicing and fixing cars which in majority are under 5 years old, so stocking parts or catering for cars 17 years old would be last thing on there mind id imgine, just like ford dealers go in there and ask for a part for a cortina and i bet they would look at you as if you were daft.

Comment

Our dealer tends to be completely different. They want the numbers when available, but they will resort to manual checking if needed. Can't fault them.

Comment

Originally posted by JONNY TOYOTA View Post
        WE NOW HAVE AT TOYOTA A NEW EPC
        :Subtle hint mode:

Comment

have you tried someone with an 'old' EPC first... thats what the problem might be that its no longer listed on the new EPC...

Comment

which pipe is it you're after?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Picked up the tube nuts this aft. No bleed nipples though. Managed to get in touch with the LR series mechanic though, (had heard a rumour he'd retired/sold up, but he ain't yet), and he's got some nipples in stock, so picking those up tomorrow. (The wench has given me the warning about not coming home with a Surf full of old stuff when I go up there). Should hopefully have the brakes overhauled by the end of the week. Then it's just all the electrics to sort, and she should be close to MOT'able.

Comment

just try a local motot factor first ian and see how they perform.a local one to me got me 2 ball joints by the next day,toyota needed 2 weeks to 'import' them.dont use toyota dealers no more(except johnny toyota of course)
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                  I hope it's not the metal tube, the same as on the 2.4 that I threw in the bin last week!

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    just try a local motot factor first ian and see how they perform.a local one to me got me 2 ball joints by the next day,toyota needed 2 weeks to 'import' them.dont use toyota dealers no more(except johnny toyota of course)
                    Must admit though, that can be as broad as it is long. Last time I got a part from a factors, I could have got the original Toyota one for nigh on the same price.

Comment

i'll stick it back and photograph it so you can see
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

unless you can identify it on one of these?
                        Attached Files
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

part no 16284

Comment

16284-54010
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

16284-54010
                              WHAT A STAR.........Need a computer that will run the epc , Kids killed the last one

Comment

No problem,

i got used to this one now, and they decide to bring out a new one on a completely different interface

ahh well, aslong as the LR microcat patch works on the toyota one i guess i'll have to get used to that one too - just gotta wait for it to get on the net and someone to stumble across it
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X