Wasted morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasted morning

Well spent this morning trying to get toyota parts department to find information on my LN61.

All it says on the vin plate for the model number is ...N-LN61V-MSX

they say it's two letters short but there is nothing else there and there new parts system won't help , Even toyota uk says it's incorrect and needs more letters .
    Ordered the cam cover gasket that Nero kindly found the part number for but also need a formed pipe on the cooing system .

Any ideas as to what i have .......AND YES i know it is a first gen surf
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

You should have gone for a third gen, like you was sort of thinking about......................... ................
    Working at last.......

Comment

Don't get me started on crappy, wasted mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
        Ordered the cam cover gasket that Nero kindly found the part number for but also need a formed pipe on the cooing system .
        Probably far too technical for the Toyota parts numpties, but couldn't you take the part number for gasket, and work backwards?
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          Don't get me started on crappy, wasted mornings.
          Hows the Gipsy Matt???

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
            Probably far too technical for the Toyota parts numpties, but couldn't you take the part number for gasket, and work backwards?
            Tried that they say it's for a LN5......whatever that is (think it's a early pick up)
            Last edited by BioHazard; 29 April 2008, 12:17.

Comment

It's ok mate we will have a wasted afternoon as well.......................
              Working at last.......

Comment

Hows the Gipsy Matt???
                That'll be coming along nicely, once the UNF tube nipples and bleed valves arrive.

However, only just got electric back online, (went off at 2 a.m), somebody has knocked a bottle of bubble fluid over on the table and knackered the back binding on one of my books, (I'm extremely touchy where books are concerned), and then I've had the usual other muppetry to deal with. (The axe is being sharpened as we speak).

Gipsy is going fine though. Mind you, has taken me nigh on five days to get a snapped bleed nipple out of one of the cylinders, without damaging the thread beyond use, and there is another snapped one to be done yet.

Comment

somebody has knocked a bottle of bubble fluid over on the table and knackered the back binding on one of my books, (I'm extremely touchy where books are concerned),
                  Why did you leave it where it could be damaged then ............put them back on the bookcase

Thats the only way i keep mine safe as well as the electric fence around the Terry Pratchetts.......Kids are trying to get them since sky did the colour of magic

Comment

Why did you leave it where it could be damaged then ............put them back on the bookcase
                    Tis a reference tome, which I is using at the moment. Hence the fact that it was in the house at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                      (I'm extremely touchy where books are concerned),
                      Just books?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        Just books?

Comment

Toyota Epc

WE NOW HAVE AT TOYOTA A NEW EPC WHICH
                          FOR IMPORT PARTS YOU ONLY NEED THE FRAME
                          NUMBER (YOU DONT NEED THE MODEL No)
                          IF YOU STILL NEED HELP LET ME HAVE THE
                          FRAME NUMBER AND WHAT PART YOU NEED
                          AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP !!!!
                          CHEERS JONNY
                          MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                            How come I can go to any motor factors in my area and ask for a part for a '91 Hilux Surf 2.4 diesel, and they either, A. have the part, or B. can get the part that day, when a Toyota dealer needs all the available numbers stamp on the vehicle in question, plus your age, address, inside leg measurment and your religious preferences, before they scratch their chins and say "is it an import?"

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              How come I can go to any motor factors in my area and ask for a part for a '91 Hilux Surf 2.4 diesel, and they either, A. have the part, or B. can get the part that day, when a Toyota dealer needs all the available numbers stamp on the vehicle in question, plus your age, address, inside leg measurment and your religious preferences, before they scratch their chins and say "is it an import?"
                              I guess it's because like most motor makers, once they have your initial money (car purchase) they loose interest as they're not likely to get anything like as much again until your next car purchase. Whereas others haven't already hooked you in, so any money they get is a start.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X