X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
    mmmmmm, anything Veg related?
    Yeah, it's like a chip - fried
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

From what someone said to me a little while ago that the oil pump may of suddenly packed up and thats why Dave noticed the temp start going up and then the engine rattle.i don't know if this is or could be the cause of it seizing up
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        From what someone said to me a little while ago that the oil pump may of suddenly packed up and thats why Dave noticed the temp start going up and then the engine rattle.i don't know if this is or could be the cause of it seizing up

What's a good way to test the oil pump? My engine is sounding rattly, but no increase in temp - new fuel filter and rocker cover gasket yesterday.....just sounds a lot louder than it used to....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          What's a good way to test the oil pump? My engine is sounding rattly, but no increase in temp - new fuel filter and rocker cover gasket yesterday.....just sounds a lot louder than it used to....
          have to leave that one to the more knowledgable ones Andy as i ain't got a clue

Comment

new batts in your hearing aid would do that lol

Comment

i have similar problem, but I mines is more to do with increased vibration.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

normally 2 of the pistons are at the top of the barrels aint they and on this one they are all stuck solid at the bottom of the barrels...

I may strip this block down and see what exactly needs replacing and keep as a spare if its cheap enough to repair
                D'oh!

Bleeding obvious now that you point it out.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

This engine is well and truely seized up.I put a socket and long bar on the bottom pulley and jumped on the bar and it still wouldn't turn so Dave you done it good and proper mate...
                  should always leave the torque converter on the gearbox when you are taking an engine out, otherwise you can rip the front seal when you pull it out, leaky leaky when it all goes back.
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

lol heres one to scare some , oil pressure dropped a while back ,when warm it would sit just below the first mark on oil guage at 70-80 mph
                    [now sits back and waits for oil pressure questions]
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                      lol heres one to scare some , oil pressure dropped a while back ,when warm it would sit just below the first mark on oil guage at 70-80 mph
                      [now sits back and waits for oil pressure questions]
                      mine sits just on and sometimes a fraction under the line also Dave from the xmas salisbury trip most of us had probs and i blew the turbo on mine cause the oil pressure dropped and the temp went thru the roof but it all runs fime with no trouble at the mo and thats from xmas 06

Comment

mine sits just on and sometimes a fraction under the line also Dave from the xmas salisbury trip most of us had probs and i blew the turbo on mine cause the oil pressure dropped and the temp went thru the roof but it all runs fime with no trouble at the mo and thats from xmas 06
                        yeah my temp went up on the plains and oil pressure dropped then it was just time

countdown time richdevilish::
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                          yeah my temp went up on the plains and oil pressure dropped then it was just time

countdown time richdevilish::

Thanks Dave but if it goes in the next few weeks then i'll be keeping this one and selling mine for spares

Comment

Hmmm, into 3 pages long now and no one has spotted the glaring problem with this engine…….

The missing heads is the least of your problem… someone has nicked 2 of your cylinders!

Don’t you all realise that proper 3 litre’s have a V6 under the bonnet.

Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I'm hoping to start getting the new engine put in this weekend so fingers crossed all will go ok and up and running very soon

Comment

Rich, my 1st thoughts on seeing the pic was, all 4 pistons at bottom of. But you told everyone before i got a chance to answer. Bugga. So you reckon you might just need camshaft and a couple of piston rods then????? Yeah right, if only it was that simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X