My life starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My life starts here!

After thirty years of HGV driving all over Europe and the Middle East, as of today i am a free man. No more 16 hour days, no more away all the time, no more sitting in queues on the m25 or Turkish border, it`s like being born again. My truck licence was due for renewal today and i thought "stuff it!". That is why i haven`t renewed and don`t intend to. Anyway, it will give me more time to play with the surf. I suppose i am lucky in the way that the mortgage is paid off, the kids have left home (with a little persuasion), and as long as i can put food on the table, pay the monthly bills, put my hand in my pocket and find enough for the odd pint of the black stuff and a packet of baccy i am a happy man. In short - SOD THE RAT RACE!

Happy grinning,
    Ken
    God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Originally posted by whitehawk
    After thirty years of HGV driving all over Europe and the Middle East, as of today i am a free man. No more 16 hour days, no more away all the time, no more sitting in queues on the m25 or Turkish border, it`s like being born again. My truck licence was due for renewal today and i thought "stuff it!". That is why i haven`t renewed and don`t intend to. Anyway, it will give me more time to play with the surf. I suppose i am lucky in the way that the mortgage is paid off, the kids have left home (with a little persuasion), and as long as i can put food on the table, pay the monthly bills, put my hand in my pocket and find enough for the odd pint of the black stuff and a packet of baccy i am a happy man. In short - SOD THE RAT RACE!

Happy grinning,
    Ken
    Hi,
    I really admire your attitude and what you have done I have been driving class 1 for 20 years long distance in the UK and I'm sick of it. Worked for the same company for all the 20 years and was given 1 months notice just prior to Chritmas last year and then finished with not a thanks kiss me arse ta-ra or a single penny compensation when a magor distribution company took over the contract that I had been on all them years now I am having to sue them for compensation !!
    Good Luck, Andy.
    Attached Files
    I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Comment

You lucky man Ken,

Having just turned 40 i am just about half way through my working life 23 years 7months, only another 24 years 11 months to go, unless they change the retirement age to 70........................oh i forgot the b@ards are already trying that one

Good luck in retirement

Comment

What I sa m8 is WELCOME to the good life and ENJOY!!!!!!!!welcome to the good life and say goodbye to the old

Comment

Working...
        X