• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda proves the point then eh.
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
      Kinda proves the point then eh.
      what point is that then? maybe you could point me in the right direction of some of the threads on that foorum were anyone was tryin to be untoward in there testin, as i read thru a load of em and only found one bendin the rules so to speak and that was in favour of the presenter,

yers may find this one helpfull for surfs http://www.motester.co.uk/forums/forum3/612.html

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w- View Post
        what point is that then? maybe you could point me in the right direction of some of the threads on that foorum were anyone was tryin to be untoward in there testin, as i read thru a load of em and only found one bendin the rules so to speak and that was in favour of the presenter,

yers may find this one helpfull for surfs http://www.motester.co.uk/forums/forum3/612.html
        Nothing personal about you Pete. I think the point was that it's a subjective test and a lot depends on the ability, experience and arguably mood of the tester.

The comment that got my goat was "You have to carry out another Full Test and obviously charge accordingly, lol, Thus having to charge "Joe" twice? I`m sure he will love that?:X lol."

Comment

Mate I aint got the energy to get into a huge debate about this but you must be able to see that some are dodgy. It is not the one and only profession that is straight. Christ even the police bend the law to suit. It's everywhere. I know you're trying to defend the honour of all MOT testers and respect for standing up and expressing your views but I think you would be unswise to continue as you are fast losing any respect. But hey thats just my opinion.

PS I am sure you are a lovely guy under all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
            Mate I aint got the energy to get into a huge debate about this but you must be able to see that some are dodgy. It is not the one and only profession that is straight. Christ even the police bend the law to suit. It's everywhere. I know you're trying to defend the honour of all MOT testers and respect for standing up and expressing your views but I think you would be unswise to continue as you are fast losing any respect. But hey thats just my opinion.

PS I am sure you are a lovely guy under all this.
            im tryin to get anyones backs up or tryin to be a smart arse but what most people dont understand is if a car fails its not cause they want it too or because they need a leg over, its probably cause vosa say it shouldnt pass, i rekon nearly all testers would be made up testin 3 year old cars all day with no faults as it would make things much easier for them and everyone else happy, thats the way i see it anyway, so thats the last ill say on it if its startin to peeve people off, that was the last thing i was tryin to do

Comment

im tryin to get anyones backs up or tryin to be a smart arse but what most people dont understand is if a car fails its not cause they want it too or because they need a leg over, its probably cause vosa say it shouldnt pass, i rekon nearly all testers would be made up testin 3 year old cars all day with no faults as it would make things much easier for them and everyone else happy, thats the way i see it anyway, so and thats the last ill say on it if its startin to peeve people off, that was the last thing i was tryin to do
              i bet yr surf always passes?lol

Comment

i get peeved if my car fails the MOT on something minor, when they could always put it as an advisory to get done... but then how do they know i'm gonna get it done...

i'd be really pi$$ed if my mum or sister had their car passed when there's something wrong with it...

i guess it's hard for the MOT testers to be completely fair, especially these days when they're all computerised. and who are they to know you're not a "mystery shopper" from VOSA?...

it's always good to have a frind who's a tester!!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  i bet yr surf always passes?lol
                  all surfs pass lmao ,nah not tested mine yet we tend not to test our own vehicles in our place as its frowned upon.

Comment

Sorry - inappropriate. taken back.

You might want to edit your post above......think you missed a bit.

The NOT in the first sentance.
                    Last edited by Bibs; 9 April 2008, 20:33.

Comment

all surfs pass lmao ,nah not tested mine yet we tend not to test our own vehicles in our place as its frowned upon.
                      i always thought that,but when i worked for pug,our testers did it,made me laugh lol,just seemed so wrong!! but they say its allowed!

Comment

Over the Years I've see some frightfully appauling Passes n some ridiculous silly Failures, but I always get 14 days to represent for a re-test...

Incidently never had a problem with my Harley exhaust noise come MOT time, note a mention !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                          Over the Years I've see some frightfully appauling Passes n some ridiculous silly Failures, but I always get 14 days to represent for a re-test...

Incidently never had a problem with my Harley exhaust noise come MOT time, note a mention !!!!
                          In the US, HDs get special treatment re their exhausts. In the UK, it's kind of a given that if a bike exhaust is quieter than a Harley's and it's stamped, it's OK
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            I will let you know if a Surf passes with a straight though 3" pipe and no middle or rear boxes, just shortly
                            Bash's truck didn't.

To loud.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                            X