m.o.t law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m.o.t law

my daughters boyfriend put his toyota celica infor mot and they failed it on exhaust back box, they said the boar was to big it was noisey, also they said cant do emmison test because of it, he has to get a standard box,they said this is new regulations, he payed big money for box can thos be right? cheers for any help.

Originally posted by caney View Post
    my daughters boyfriend put his toyota celica infor mot and they failed it on exhaust back box, they said the boar was to big it was noisey, also they said cant do emmison test because of it, he has to get a standard box,they said this is new regulations, he payed big money for box can thos be right? cheers for any help.
    That is rubbish.
    My mate is an Mot tester I will ring him now and ask...

on phone.........

Yep it is rubbish he says it does not matter at all..
    he says the emmision test machine does not hav ears haha so don't matter how loud it is

Take it somewhere else.... they must hav hoped he wud get the work done there...bet the till was down 2day.....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

con

thought so, poor lads having new box done tonight, mot runs out 2morra, will try and stop him getting it fitted, conning b@@@@@ds, thanks for that,

Comment

mine went through mot a few weeks ago..........look at my exaust lolol

Comment

As far as I remember there is no law on how big an exhaust can be, but the noise level although no specific db is now down to the MOT tester. If they deem it to noisey they can fail it.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

noise

thanks koi, he has back box like breakdown truck,dont seem that loud to me,
            cant get hold of him now, spose if powers to be say loud thats it, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
              As far as I remember there is no law on how big an exhaust can be, but the noise level although no specific db is now down to the MOT tester. If they deem it to noisey they can fail it.
              i,m an mot tester and this is correct, cant remember exact wording but im sure its along the lines of " if the tester deems it excessively noisier than the standard exhaust".

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w- View Post
                i,m an mot tester and this is correct, cant remember exact wording but im sure its along the lines of " if the tester deems it excessively noisier than the standard exhaust".

.......or, if he didn't get his leg-over that morning.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  mine went through mot a few weeks ago..........look at my exaust lolol
                  That towbar looks like it could use a bit of hammerite, its just not bling the way it is and lets the image down

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

A can of cola can be stood upright in my mates skyline exhaust exit, and it's loud but not at lower revs. passes no probs.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                      That towbar looks like it could use a bit of hammerite, its just not bling the way it is and lets the image down

Bogus
                      Thats wot i told him Alex! nice bit of "amerite" on there'd finish it off,
                      Attached Files
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post

Bogus
                        Just so we can up-date our records, have you cleaned/painted your spare wheel hinges yet?

Comment

I know a couple of lads with nur spec exhausts and the mr2's are de catted and trust me they are loud and have to use a removable rear baffle section when they go to certain events due to the db limit, plus they pass mot fine without the baffle

I got a dep pro 2 with 3" pipes from the top to bottom and de catted and loud as hell when you get to 5,000 rpm) (my red line is 7,200rpm) so much so when i used to come home from work around 3am ish i would never go over 2,000 rpm
                          Last edited by Retribution; 8 April 2008, 19:15.

Comment

soft lads had it changed now, it was same garage who passed it last year,new mot person spouse, hes gutted hes go a pea shooter now,

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
                              soft lads had it changed now, it was same garage who passed it last year,new mot person spouse, hes gutted hes go a pea shooter now,
                              could he not put the old one back on?

Comment

Working...
                              X