Transmission Pan Gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Pan Gasket?

Just a quick question. This afternoon I am going to drain off my ATF and I was considering dropping off the Transmission Pan.

I understand that there is a gasket there but Roughtrax don't stock it. Ok so main dealer might be the way forward but is it essential to drop the pan off to drain most of the ATF?

Also When I have cracked the plug out and drained some off is it ok to run it to try and shift the rest. By this I mean change through the box with foot on the brake.

Cheers for any help.
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

You won't get any more out dropping the pan. And NO, don't try to purge the rest of the fluid by running the box dry!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

There's no replacement gasket as such, just get some RTV sealant from any motorists shop. It comes in a mastic size tube so you'll need a caulking gun to apply it.

Comment

If your going to the trouble dont forget to clean off the gauze filter, in there,
        (jetwash)
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Dropped out the ATF last night. Well i say ATF it looked more like gravy. It drained out 4.5 litres straight off. Replaced with ATF from Halfords and this morning it is running like a dream. Cheers for the help guys.
          Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

Working...
          X